Hi,

I was going to get Tom Clancy's Hawx cause I've been thinking of getting a combat flight simulator (even though I don't have a joystick and don't plan on getting one), but apparently it's not that great. So instead, I'm looking to get something else, something fairly recent cause I would like decent graphics, but also something that has good gameplay and is mainly centred around single-player.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could get? It doesn't need to be too realistic, something a bit closer to the arcade style could be better. Thanks in advance.

And don't tell me to go to some old thread that has 100 pages because I can't be bothered waiting three days for one reply that doesn't help me.
I liked H.A.W.X.....
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

And don't tell me to go to some old thread that has 100 pages because I can't be bothered waiting three days for one reply that doesn't help me.

So maybe you could use that time to get off your ass and go to a game site and look for yourself? Just a thought.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
So maybe you could use that time to get off your ass and go to a game site and look for yourself? Just a thought.

I am, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of recent stuff to choose from, and finding something that's a good candidate is equally hard. I'm going through a list that seems mostly comprised of rubbish. I'm looking at Falcon 4.0 but it's old and might not run on Vista, even with compatibility mode.

Seriously though, being a douchebag was uncalled for. I'm just asking a question here as well as looking myself. If you can't be bothered just keeping your negativity out of here, let alone offering advice, then just f*ck off and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Quote by Rain_In_Blood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Combat_6:_Fires_of_Liberation

great graphics and pretty good game but is as realistic as its gonna get for a video game

Cheers man, I'm looking into it now, but it seems as though it's only released on xbox? I need something for PC :P

EDIT: Is hawx actually not so bad? How hefty are the system requirements? Higher or lower than Far Cry 2?
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Mar 22, 2009,
Did you want an immersive flight combat sim or an enjoyable pick-up-and-play game? Two different paths, my friend.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
ohh sorry did not know that you use a pc. umm idk any recent games other than hawkz sorry

No worries, thanks for the help nonetheless. I'm actually looking into a game called Falcon 4.0 Allied Force, for those that are interested. It's a remake of a classic 1998 combat flight sim, released in 2005 with various updates. It looks very cool.

Quote by Davus
Did you want an immersive flight combat sim or an enjoyable pick-up-and-play game? Two different paths, my friend.

Actually, either would be fine. I'd prefer a pick-up-and-play game but one that has a lot to it so it'll keep me engaged for some time. But Falcon 4.0 is apparently quite deep and realistic so that'll be interesting. I'm quite into flight though I'm a bad flier lol.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Mar 22, 2009,
hawx wasnt terrible. if u have an xbox 360 get ace combat 6. if u got a ps2, get ace combat 4 or 5 (never played 5, 4 is the ****!!!). cant think of any good ones for the pc...

however, if u like arcade style, then get hawx, thats what it was aiming for.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Aero Engineer/Simfag reporting in.

Falcon 4 Allied Force is one of the most demanding (and yes, I am talking about YOU, not your computer's specifications) simulators around (and yes, it does actually deserve the title "simulator" instead of "game" unlike a lot of the crap floating around these days) . It is one of the most realistic combat Flight Sims out there today, if not THE most (commercially available at least). DO NOT get it if you are not interested in spending a SIGNIFICANT chunk of time to it - the printed manual is 150 odd pages, the full PDF manual is about 600. My mate is in fast jet training with the RAF and he STILL took about 3 months to learn the basics of flying such a ridiculously complex and unstable aircraft such as the F-16. To actually master the flying might take you anywhere between six months and a couple of years. Remember, this is designed to emulate F-16 performance as well as possible - there's a good reason fighter pilots spend significantly more flight hours than your average private pilot with an instrument rating.
Last edited by LordBishek at Mar 22, 2009,
http://flightgear.org/

its a free flight sim that has both millitary and civillian planes. you can download many different skins/models for it and most are millitary. the graphics arent as great as Microsoft flight sim and so on but its not that bad.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Quote by wellsy411
http://flightgear.org/

its a free flight sim that has both millitary and civillian planes. you can download many different skins/models for it and most are millitary. the graphics arent as great as Microsoft flight sim and so on but its not that bad.

If he's going to go with flightgear, he might's well pick up either FSX or FS9 or Xplane. They aren't that expensive, and you can get them dirt cheap if you know where to look.
Yea, well, I went in a proper flight simulator last year and the pilot told me I was very good, a natural even, so I'm quite happy to stick it out with an intense flight simulator, it'd be good to learn something that's actually quite serious and will take time to master.
Well, I'd recommend buying a cheap joystick and picking up a copy of FSX or FS9 first. that'll give you a good basing in pilot training, but you'll definitely have to do some private study if you want to do things realistically.