After gigging a few times with my Traynor ycv50, I've noticed that the lower strings are harder to hear, the high e is very thin, and the G and B strings have insanely loud "spikes" in volume. I want to even this out, so I'm assuming a compressor pedal does this. I don't want to spend a fortune, pretty much I want true bypass and making sure it doesn't suck the life out of the amp.
MXR Dyna Comp is pretty standard, don't know if it's TB or not

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
try changing to heavier strings or try the best compressor-Keeley
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
the keeley compressor is usually called one of the best compressors in stomp-box form, but its also a bit expensive. the mxr dynacomp is good too, but it does affect your tone. it isnt true bypass, but tb is over-rated anyway. most people say to stay away from the boss compressor. um, theres a couple others im forgetting to mention, but the mxr is fairly standard for an inexpensive compressor.
You could also go with a Barber Tone Press if you wanted quality in between the Dyna Comp and Keeley. But IMO, a compressor is a compressor and the difference between the Tone Press and Keeley would most likely be negligible.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
adjust your pick ups man.

Useally it where the low strings are much louder than the higher strings. Greg howe puts his picks ups on a slant(high on the G,B,E strings and lower on the E,A,D strings) maybe...higher on the lower strings and lower on the higher strings maybe? before buying a comp. if it doesnt work and the problem still arises, i recommend the Electro Harmonix Soul preacher...im pretty sure its true bypass too and i think its cheaper than the dyna comp and....the last time i tried it it kicked the sh!t out of the dyna comp too lol much more options to choose from on the soul preacher.
keeley compressor...hands down
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Ross compressor.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Most (but not all) compressor pedals are pretty much Ross Compressor clones. The better ones (Keeley, Retro-Sonic, Cmatmods) are true bypass and use much higher grade components than the other more affordable units (EH Soul Preacher, MXR Dyna Comp, etc). That said, amongst the high end compressors, there's not a lot of difference in performance (though some have more features than others), but each one has its own unique flavor so to say.

An awful lot of people prefer the Keeley to everything else, but regarding Ross clones, I much prefer the Retro-Sonic. If you aren't wanting a straight variation of a Ross clone, I suggest looking at the Cmatmods Signa Comp.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Barber Tone Press is on my pedals to get list.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
THe compressor in Visual SOund Route 66 is quite nice