I'm looking for a pedal that can beef up the sound of licks that use single notes rather than full chords. Ideally, I want to have the bass, drums, and singing going at high energy full throttle, but I want to throw in some little ditties on the guitar rather than mashing power chords to keep up with the energy. But I want those notes to be very 'present' in the mix.
boost pedal
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Eh?

Might be a problem with you EQ. Also, some reverb and boost would help.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
A delay pedal will make it sound more full, a chorus will give a similar effect but not as much. A boost will make it more full because it will be louder, or you could look at a phaser, flanger, or a compressor depending on what kind of sound you are going for
fuzz?
███████████████████████████████████
it depends on what you mean by "beef up" and what kind of tone you already have. something like a tubescreamer might work because you can get a little bit of extra dirt to your signal and the mid-hump helps push things through the mix a bit more. delay, reverb, or chours could add depth to the notes, which can add some ability to cut through depending on the tone. though honestly, i think a pedal that adds volume and a bit of an eq change would be a bit better here. so maybe a treble booster or an overdrive with a mid hump would be best.
Something like the MXR 10 band eq sounds about right.

I have one, and it could be used to do (I think) what you are asking. The reason I'm telling you to go with the 10 band and not the 6 band is that the 10 band also has Gain and Volume sliders. A Mid boost and these other two sliders may be able to get you what you're looking for.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
A good EQ will help you cut through the mix.

A compressor will give you fatter, thicker single notes.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Octave Pedal!

>.>

<.<

... but yeah, EQ is probably the most important aspect. Any kind of Mid boost would help with the beef. Also a tiny (and I mean tiny) bit of chorus can widen things up.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/