I have a few questions about this amp.

I'm confused is this amp American or British voiced? I've heard both and now I don't know what it is.

Is their any real difference between the 30 and the 50?

Should I go for the Half Stack or the Combo version?

Quote by acdcrocks0323
They are both british voiced for sure. The 50 uses el34 tubes so it is more Marshally while the 30 has el84 which is voxy. I would get the combo version of the 30, but that is just me.

I'm kinda going for a more Marshally sound.
Tubes and tone aside, the 30 seems to have more gain on tap then the 50.
Your best bet? Try them both and see which you like (the 30 combo is damn loud so volume isn't really a factor)
Quote by _Sanitarium_
Tubes and tone aside, the 30 seems to have more gain on tap then the 50.
Your best bet? Try them both and see which you like (the 30 combo is damn loud so volume isn't really a factor)

I just don't want to buy the 30 and realise I'll have to buy a PA later because I can't hear myself over a drummer.
30 tube watts is much more than enough to hear yourself over a drummer.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
The classic amps are more marshall voiced with a fender style clean. They do not do a vox sound well do the their circuit design.
Yep, Classics are Marshall on the gain side, Fender like on the clean side.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
They are both british voiced for sure. The 50 uses el34 tubes so it is more Marshally while the 30 has el84 which is voxy. I would get the combo version of the 30, but that is just me.

Both have EL84s, and both sound fairly voxy.

EDIT: Basically they're Fender Bassman clones with a hot-rodded gain channel (a la early Marshalls) and overall British voicing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments