So i have $100 to spend on effects i can ether get two effect pedals for $50 each or just one for $100

Now i don't want wah, or reverb.
What effects do you guys think i should get?
Edit: I'd get a chorus pedal. Can really improve clean tones.
Last edited by Brownie2 at Mar 22, 2009,
no he said he DIDN'T want reverb or wah, what i would suggest is a $50 chorus, chorus rules. and maybe some sorta signature effect. i dunno. i use multi-effect pedals anyway.
Boss n-2 noise gate is the most useful pedal I own, Im assuming you already HAVE a wah or a reverb, otherwise you would want one. Hmmm,
how about a graphic eq pedal? or any eq pedal? those are really serious. You can change how your guitar sounds dramatically.

Or a boss dd-3 would be sweet. delay pedals are hours of entertainment, and an entirely unique, required sound depending on what you play.

I love tube screamers in general, you can use them to make older style amps (like fender blues juniors) into high gain style amps.

Also, a volume/expression pedal really opens up what you can do.

But definetly a delay pedal, eq pedal, or volume pedal. Delay if you want a toy that may or may not be useful, eq pedal if you want something that you will definitely need as a lead guitar player, or a volume/expression pedal as an extension to your rig that can control other pedals (like the super shifter) if you add them in the future.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
100 dollars isn't much you know..

This is true.

but still... here are a few pedals that I think are very nice for about 100 bucks or less:

MXR Dynacomp
ProCo Rat
DOD 250 Overdrive
EHX Small Stone Phaser (good ole EHX for all your swirly needs)
Marshall Echohead (now discontinued)
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Thanks guys. Yeah i know $100 isn't much but it's all i got and will have for a little while
So, What if i get a $50 chorus and this other pedal, i don't know what it's called but it makes my guitar sound somewhat like a violin and takes out the picking so it's like i've used a violin bow
check out buildyourownclone.com

^that
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."