I bought a used LTD EX-400 today, i absolutely love it, but i was wondering. It has a couple of chips in the finish and i was wondering if it would be fine to use just one of those car finish touch up things on my guitar? would this be bad? should i just leave the chips there or should i do this? does anyone else have some other reccomendations?
Leave the chips cuz they add character

Really any touch up stuff would do, especially if it's just a few chips. But chances are you'll probably get those chips again shortly afterward, as with shapes like that you tend to hit things...

a lot...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Leave the chips cuz they add character

Really any touch up stuff would do, especially if it's just a few chips. But chances are you'll probably get those chips again shortly afterward, as with shapes like that you tend to hit things...

a lot...

yeah, i know. but if i have the right colour i can just touch it up whenever i do make a mark.
Probably about 5 times before you give up and leave battle scars to be battle scars

Not trying to be a douche or anything, just stating fact. I get where you're coming form though, as new-looking guitars are sexy...

But yeah, what you have should be just fine. I've seen several people using auto paint on their guitars and the results are just fine.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Levi79
i was wondering if it would be fine to use just one of those car finish touch up things on my guitar?

if it was a car i'd say yes. since it's not i'm gonna say probably not, especially since i have no idea what car touch-up stuff you are talking about but that probably doesnt matter.
Save the car touchup stuff for a car and repaint the guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
hey, its a used guitar i say love 'em and leave 'em
or if it has really nice wood underneath then do what i did in the link in my sig.