a while ago i bought this old guitar and i really like it but the pickup is a bit weak, it is quiet and a bit muddy, is ther a way to brighten it (although im not sure if it was good in the first place ?) or should i just buy a new pickup? if so ive been thinking about the aero-t, or would you recomend a better pickup, i play music based off punk, surf, grunge(mudhoney, screaming trees,) and basically something that works for all of those, thanks
Might just wanna get a new pickup, but if it has screws in the pickup (only if you have a tune-o-matic bridge, I think), you can adjust the screws (pole pieces) to better match the radius of the bridge, making it sound clearer.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
try getting it closer to the strings =] .. also check it's properly conected and the condensers and pots work =]
well i have adjusted the height as well as the bridge and it still sounds a weak, do the scratchy knobs have anything to do with it ?
Hmm I doubt scratchy pots have to do with it.
lol I just got what the poster above me is getting at.
How-ever if they are sratchy that probably means they are cheap,that would affect the sound.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
What amp are you playing through? If you have a problem with your tone you should always start at your amp.
yeah they probably are cheap, and the amp is relatively fine because my other guitars sound fine on it