Hey guys, i can't find anything on what to do if a saddle is sitting lower than the rest.

this is really pissing me off.
I apologise for my pretentious signature.
Pics?

And tried raising it like you normally would?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
hokai, i'll take a photo in one second. The actual individual saddle part (i think that's the right part) is actually lower than the rest, and so now my B string sits closer to the neck than it normally would.
Is it causing problems? Like is it making the string to low? If its not and its just bothering you because its lower than th eothers your better off leaving it alone.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
yeah it's really messing with sweeping, the contact just isn't right.
It's too fiddly to get in focus.
Your Floyd saddle is lower then the rest? and this happened when? Did you take off all the saddles to clean them or something? On the FR, at least on an OFR not sure about all the licensed versions out there, your saddles make a slight hump with the D and G being the highest, A and B slightly lower and the 2 E strings slightly lower still to follow the curvature of the neck. By the way don't go by the back of the saddle where it pivots to increase or decrease tension for tuning, but the from part. If you know what I mean.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Did you take the saddles off at all? for instance, for a sustain block removal or intonation? It sounds like you've either removed a shim that was previously underneath the saddle, or swapped that saddle with one from a different string.

edit: you can buy a shim and put it under the saddle to raise it to a decent height.

something like this: http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=25
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Mar 22, 2009,
right on, i took them all off cause i was getting concerned about seeing moisture there a couple of times, then proceeded to WD 40 it all for general anal-ness and let it dry.
however, if i'd had known there was differences and discrepancies between the saddles i wouldn't have.
Well there you go, I figured you must of taken them off or something. Take them off again and you'll see how 2 are highest, then 2 lower and then another 2 even lower. Not difficult to figure out which goes where Now you know
You just became my best friend.
Ok, take all the saddles off and line them up.

They should make a slight curve with the 4 lowest saddles on the outside, and the highest saddles on the inside. The low E string will be slightly higher than the high e string.

You can see how the D string saddle is the highest. Best you can do is sight them down and place them to how they look.

edit: poster blow me, thats what i've said. The saddles on the outside (being the E, A, B, e) will be smaller the the two on the inside.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Mar 22, 2009,
Nope, read what I wrote before. I got one of my guitars right here and it goes low E and high e got the lowest saddles, then A and B got the second highest and D and G got the highest