Hey guys

The other day i was talking to one of my dads band mates and he told me how he had lost 60% of his hearing from playing gigs weekly for a large portion of his life.

I have band practice usually every week and my ears typically ring after wards, i srsly don't want to lose my hearing to that extent.

I'm pretty sure most of you know industrial earplugs just kill the tone of music and make it sound like ass so can anyone recommend me a brand of earplugs that simply reduce the volume?

Thanks.
ill stick my dick in your ear
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I have some Alpine attenuating earplugs, they're pretty decent.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by frozen_soul
ill stick my dick in your ear

haha im sure you would have a hard time blocking out any volume with that pathetic excuse for a doodle.
Hearos musician's earplugs.

No, I'm not linking. Just google it, you lazy sod.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
apparently ''hear-o-'s are good........i need a pair

but yeah just search musicians earplugs in google
going through all this trouble as opposed to turning the volume down a bit during practice?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by joshua029
going through all this trouble as opposed to turning the volume down a bit during practice?

You can't really turn down the crash symbol though. Sure, you can play quiter, but it's still pretty loud.

Yes, I'd recommend ear-plugs. I need to invest in some as well.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Hearo's work just fine. I use them for practice.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
If your serious then you can get some custom molded ones which will work a charm. Can't recall where to get them sorry.
-J
to^ sometimes you cant jsut turn down cause of having a loud drummer or some amps sound best at higher volumes
get ear filters
ACS ER20
google that i use them and htey basically just feely liek the volume is turned down
If we turn our selves down the drummer comes through too loud, i also go to gigs every month or so.

I would have googled it but i wanted UG's opinion not some sponsored opinion on a companies website.
get some custom made ones from an audiologist, expensive though mine were like $260.
but they sound exactly the same only much much quieter
check out the Etymotic ER-20. They have lasted me 2 and a half years, and there is very little tone comprimisation.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
For practice sessions, I wish I had a pair of attenuating headphones.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T