Im not sure which one to pick. Dunlop Arbiter Fuzz Face or Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz.

I mean the Dunlop is alot cheaper and I don't think my skill warrants 250.00 for a roger mayer.

Does the dunlop do a decent job of jimi hendrix. I have the digitech pedal but it just doesnt do me justice.

Thanks
Why don't you try the Boss Fuzz?
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by Edgecrsuher
Why don't you try the Boss Fuzz?

if you mean the FZ-5, that's an overpriced piece of junk. It's effectively a mediocre imitation of a fuzzface, with some useless bit-crush effects built in labelled as maestro and octavia settings..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by harkkam
Im not sure which one to pick. Dunlop Arbiter Fuzz Face or Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz.

I mean the Dunlop is alot cheaper and I don't think my skill warrants 250.00 for a roger mayer.

Does the dunlop do a decent job of jimi hendrix. I have the digitech pedal but it just doesnt do me justice.

Thanks

I had the newer red Dunlop Fuzz Face. Through a decent amp, it sounded alright. I ran it through a little ss practice amp and it sounded very "banging on an aluminum shed". So, with a decent amp it will do ok. I ended up gutting it. I used the enclosure for my BYOC FF build.

Inexpensive Recommendations:
BYOC, if you are handy with a soldering iron.
Its sounds like you want a Ge Fuzz Face, but these Si Fuzz Faces are pretty decent. At your level, I don't think Si/Ge will matter.
Fulltone '70
Dunlop JH-F1
MXR M173
Last edited by The Real Ming at Mar 22, 2009,
I own the Roger Mayer. It's basically Hendrix's modded Silicon Fuzz Face and sounds great. Tons of sustain and grit, and even sounds good on chords. The Dunlop isn't so good and the Boss sucks.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
thx guys. Roger mayer has many kinds of fuzz.

I think thats what im gonna get. Why waste money only to get a better one later.

Roger Mayer has a few diff models.the classic fuzz, the axis fuzz and the spirtfire.

Which one should i get. I want the most versatile one and I believe the roger mayer axis one is the best
What about the fuzz I build? 115-125. Hand built. does the Hendrix thing very well
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Look up a company called "Devi Ever". They make a lot of inexpensive (less than $100) fuzz pedals. Lots of different variations so you can get something that sounds exactly the way you want.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM