Hai.
Me and my band are started to wrote our own music. We have already written 4 songs and now we want to record it to hear how we really sound. How do you record your stuff? Do you know an easy way to get decent quallity? We are a new started unserious band, so we aren't ready to invest crap loads of cash if thats necessary.
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
For the first recordings, it should be enough to place a mic in the middle of the room and just play. Of course you won't get a very good quality out of this, but it's enough to hear yourself playing.
Quote by DarkValo666
For the first recordings, it should be enough to place a mic in the middle of the room and just play. Of course you won't get a very good quality out of this, but it's enough to hear yourself playing.

It's true. I even know a guy who used his crappy MP3 player's voice record function to record his band. You could just stick a laptop and mic inbetween the band and go for gold.
Inhuman evil take down!
Really? Is it really that simple :O
How much do i have to pay for a decent mic? Our singer got 2 mics. They are really crappy and cheap. Do you think they are good enough?
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
Sure they are. You will just have to watch out that the input gain of the mic is not too high. And if you want a really good mic, you might want to buy a Shure, which you will get for about 90$ I think (well, at least here in Germany they cost about this price, don't know about the rest of the wrold)
They'll be fine, sepdning omney on a great mic is pointless unlese you have the recording gear to go with it, really.
Inhuman evil take down!