Well pretty much every since I got my guitar (it's a cheap beginner) the 9th Fret on the "G" String gives this awful "twanging" sound and it's really starting to annoy me now.

At first it didn't bother me because I was only learning intros but now a lot of the solos i'm trying to learn use that string on that fret. Now i've tried lowering the strings, but I don't think I did it correct because it didn't seem to do anything. What I did was tighten the screws at the bridge, not too tighter but tighter then before.
You need to raise the strings, not lower them, to fix the twanging sound. It is a f-up with the fretting. Either raise the action, or try adjusting the truss rod but that can be tough.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by _Sanitarium_
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial1.htm

or check out the setup sticky at the top of this forum.

Haha I was trying to adjust the whole bridge and didn't get anywhere. And that link made me realise to adjust the saddle.

Also would it be advisable to put all the strings the same height?
Depends on the guitar. Each string should be the same height fromt he top of the fretwire at the 12th fret. If your guitar's fretboard is pretty flat (liek you get on Ibanez style guitars), that means the strings will have to be basically straight in a line at the same equal height to each other. If the fretboard is pretty curved (like you get on Fender instruments) then the strings won't all be at the same height, the string height will curve at the same rate as the fretboard.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Depends on the guitar. Each string should be the same height fromt he top of the fretwire at the 12th fret. If your guitar's fretboard is pretty flat (liek you get on Ibanez style guitars), that means the strings will have to be basically straight in a line at the same equal height to each other. If the fretboard is pretty curved (like you get on Fender instruments) then the strings won't all be at the same height, the string height will curve at the same rate as the fretboard.

Well I currently have a Strat stlye guitar and the string I just adjusted is somewhat higher then the other at the moment