Hi,

Is there something I can do to prevent my fingers from hurting after having played with them for several hours?

Thanks for help,
Jakel
I already play for more than 1 year, and usually they dont hurt, but yesterday I played for more than about 7 hours, and now they do hurt ^^
Quote by Jakel
I already play for more than 1 year, and usually they dont hurt, but yesterday I played for more than about 7 hours, and now they do hurt ^^

ahh... I looked at your join date and thought you were new to guitar
I still have the same problem man, like yesterday me and my band were playing for hours, my fingers still hurt but it cant be helped
the more you play the less it will hurt lol, even though it is painful try and play a little bit today
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
Pro hands gripmaster may help you.

It's used in different sports and hobbies , and I've seen recoomendations for guitar too. I have one and it's great. I use it when I watch TV or just have some time listening to music. I've noiticed it's improved my finger strength and made my playing a lot better too.

This may help you as I had problems similar that have now gone since using it.

Hope this helps.

Ds.
i usally dip my whole hand in a bowl of hot water (obviously not too hot), it helps to relax my the muscles...

its just like after a nice game of basketball then taking a bath in a hot tub to relax...

mmmmmm.....
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh my ***ing god that pron one is like the best one ever and i have seen all of em. Congrats dude you just beat Kensai.
It's the fingertips, my muscles are alright, sorry I didn't say that ^^
when my fingers hurt, I kept playing till they didnt hurt anymore. I rarely feel any pain today regardless of how long/intenssive I play now.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Well, my personal experience for building up your fingertips (also called calluses) is that when they hurt, you should take a break. This will allow your skin to rest and build up the calluses. That way you should be able to play longer and longer until it's not a problem to you.

Also pay attention to how hard you are pressing the frets. Often you can loosen up a bit without the strings beginning to buzz.
Quote by Rallymonkey
[...]when they hurt, you should take a break.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
You'll work up a tolerance. Just don't stop playing!

I really don't know what to do now xD

And, is there something I can do when they already hurt and I want the pain to go away?
Quote by Jakel
I really don't know what to do now xD

And, is there something I can do when they already hurt and I want the pain to go away?

Not that i know off:p The best advice i can give you, is get used to that pain xD And maybe let your fingers heal before you play again:p