Im after a multi effects unit in rack form for around the £100/$150 mark, new or used i dont mind.

I only want chorus, delay, reverb, phase to use on my clean channel and just delay on the dirty

i dont need any amp modelling and id rather not pay for it if i dont use it.

i play metal but im looking for abit of that creed/alter bridge clean sound (i know it will be hrad with my amp)

im looking at the Digitech TSR24S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=200321095440

i think this is what im after but incase it goes for more than i cant lay out i need some more ideas

thanks for your help
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Do the pods have rack mounted versions? I'm not entirely sure but a used one of the 2.0 series would be good.

One I can vouch for and new as well would be the v-amp2 rack unit, you can set it to bypass the preamps and it has all the effects you mentioned and more. I'm sure I'll get flamed for suggesting either but they're just suggestions after all, something for you to think about.

It's in your budget to buy brand new.

Although I don't know enough about that digitech, although it looks interesting.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
Quote by peavey6505+user
Im after a multi effects unit in rack form for around the £100/$150 mark, new or used i dont mind.

I only want chorus, delay, reverb, phase to use on my clean channel and just delay on the dirty

i dont need any amp modelling and id rather not pay for it if i dont use it.

i play metal but im looking for abit of that creed/alter bridge clean sound (i know it will be hrad with my amp)

im looking at the Digitech TSR24S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=200321095440

i think this is what im after but incase it goes for more than i cant lay out i need some more ideas

thanks for your help

It may well go for more than that - also bear in mind it'll be next to useless in a live situation unless you get a suitable footswitch to go with it.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=9af392200801b877cae650437d9eb19c&sw=midi+footswitch&x=0&y=0

It's not going to improve your clean tones much, certainly no more than a decent chorus would - you can add distortion to a clean amp with outboard effects but you can't "add clean" to am inherently dirty one, all you can do is turn the gain down on the amp, turn down the guitar volume or simply pick softer. You can use stuff like chorus and delay to take some of the edge off but no pedal or FX unit can remove distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 22, 2009,
What about a T.C. Electronics G-Sharp? It covers the Effects you need and you don't need a Midicontroller to controll it. You can use a simple footswitch with it. Could be worth a look.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Weird, I've never heard any reliability issues with any TC Electronics units of any kind. We use a heck of them at my job, EQ Stations, M-Ones, D-Twos, etc.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by mansoor.h
Do the pods have rack mounted versions? I'm not entirely sure but a used one of the 2.0 series would be good.

One I can vouch for and new as well would be the v-amp2 rack unit, you can set it to bypass the preamps and it has all the effects you mentioned and more. I'm sure I'll get flamed for suggesting either but they're just suggestions after all, something for you to think about.

It's in your budget to buy brand new.

Although I don't know enough about that digitech, although it looks interesting.

the pods are too oriented on amp modeling
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.