So if this is in the wrong section but I wasent sure where to put it. Anyways,I have this friend who loves drumming but dosent have his own kit but is going to get a electric kit (cant fit an acoustic) but the one he is going to get is a bit small and he wants to try add more stuff in the future but he's not sure if he is able.Here is the one :

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Arbiter-electric-drum-kit-SALE-SALE-SALE_W0QQitemZ140309175172QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Drums_Percussions_MJ?hash=item140309175172&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
*looks at site name* *looks at question*
Why not buy something a bit bigger? obv smaller than a full acoustic but you know, bigger.
ಠ_ಠ
What is a wimp like you doing in a place like this?
I would recommend buying a real drumset. Electric ones just don't sound right, plus you may have to worry about "the electric part" of the set. Start with a snare, and a hi-hat, kick pedal, and go from there, crashes and rides can come in later.

Then again, I'm kind of new to drums, so don't take my final authority.
We know,he cant afford a bigger one and he cant fit an acoustic,just wondering if he will be able to add on it in then future
are those v-drums? or a rock band set?

xD

this kit isn't likely to be worth your while both durability wise and sound wise.. find out as much info as you can and maybe some sound clips before sinking any cash into it..

I'd personally recommend any higher end kit from roland or yamaha, simply because they'll last and they sound good. they are VERY expensive.. but you'll only have buyers remorse paying out 350 pounds only to find out the kit you bought sounds like pacman noises from the 80's and breaks down after a week or 2.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by Kivarenn82
are those v-drums? or a rock band set?

xD

this kit isn't likely to be worth your while both durability wise and sound wise.. find out as much info as you can and maybe some sound clips before sinking any cash into it..

I'd personally recommend any higher end kit from roland or yamaha, simply because they'll last and they sound good. they are VERY expensive.. but you'll only have buyers remorse paying out 350 pounds only to find out the kit you bought sounds like pacman noises from the 80's and breaks down after a week or 2.

I know what you mean but as you said they are very very expenisive and he isnt working at the mo so its hard to gather cash and he's trying to get one soon
E-kits aren't much smaller than the real thing. The only really small set I've seen is Rolands HD-1, but it's pretty expensive. Anyway, if he just buys a snare, a kick, a hi-hat and a crash it probably won't be too big.