right , i think what im saying is correct bare with me.

im using cubase and when i go onto the input section it comes up with inputs 1-8 in series of 2 i.e 1 + 2, 3 + 4, 5 + 6, 7 + 8.

i can activate inputs 1 2 3 and 4 but when i try to do 5 and 6 it says Cubase can only support 4 inputs.

i know that is pretty self explanitory but i need to be able to use 6 inputs at the same time.

is there anyway of doing this? your help is appreciated as always

hope i explained it properly
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Which version of Cubase are you running?

You may have to remove all of the busses that it sees and then re-install them manually. I had a similar problem going from 2 to 4 busses. I have Cubase Essential 4. I can try to explain it best I can. But I have to go to work now. Shoot me a PM today and I will try to get to it this evening for you. Otherwise Steinberg.net will have downloadable .pdf files of instruction manuals and tutuorials. Good luck brother!

Peace,

Chris
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
ah, well at college that is what im using. what about sx3 which ive got at home?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
I think SX3 will do 6. But I don't think it works with vista
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

im using xp so hopefully it be ok. i got sx3 installed and can do stuff on it and that, well if i had a interface i could lol. if it will do 6 then ill be happy.

can anyone definatly confirm this?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/legacyproducts/legacyproducts_cubasesx3.html

http://www.tweakheadz.com/review_of_cubase_sx_3.htm

Well, sorry that I can't confirm this, but it looks as though it won't be a problem, with the right interface. Above are some links to check out.

On this link...

http://knowledgebase.steinberg.de/173_1.html

SX3 isn't listed under "compatible products" with vista, but further down the page, it says it has no known problems with vista so far. Keep in mind that it says that about Cubase SE3 as well, but mine didn't work and I had to upgrade to Essential 4. It's only like 60 bucks, and might be worth the look.

Peace.

Quote by Scott3229