I recently purchased a peavey xxx halfstack and i'm a little confused about how to hook it up to the cabinet. In the back there is an input jack and and output jack and also a switch for stereo and mono. If anyone could give me some insight on this that would be very helpful.
go from the speaker output into the mono input on the cab. MAKE SURE YOU USE SPEAKER CABLE FOR THIS AND NOT REGULAR INSTRUMENT CABLE!!!!!!!!!! also, MAKE SURE THE OHMS SELECTOR ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD MATCHES THE INPUT OHMS OF THE CABINET, and NEVER TURN ON THE HEAD WITHOUT IT BEING CONNECTED TO A PROPERLY CONNECTED CABINET
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
go from the speaker output into the mono input on the cab. MAKE SURE YOU USE SPEAKER CABLE FOR THIS AND NOT REGULAR INSTRUMENT CABLE!!!!!!!!!! also, MAKE SURE THE OHMS SELECTOR ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD MATCHES THE INPUT OHMS OF THE CABINET, and NEVER TURN ON THE HEAD WITHOUT IT BEING CONNECTED TO A PROPERLY CONNECTED CABINET

+23
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

/thread
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
whats the difference between and speaker cable and an instrument cable?
Quote by ddvdga
whats the difference between and speaker cable and an instrument cable?

speaker cable is thicker and higher impedance, you WILL destroy your amp if you use an instrument cable
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by kckyle
+ 92
yep make sure its speaker cables

+ 184 (just to show off my supreme maths skills )
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by jamesfarr
+368

+ OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

i was never good at math
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by jamesfarr
+368

HA, my maths skill are more supreme than that, BEAT THIS

+736
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
736x 86
700x 80 = 56000
700x 6 = 4200
30 x 80 = 2400
30 x 6 = 180
6 x 80 = 480