This is no longer available for download - although it should be available to buy as a self-published book in the future.

Hey Guys,
I'm Roberto Moretti, I guess you could call me an expert on practice. I've spent the last few years developing a system of practice and writing a book on it that shows how anyone can master anything quicker, easier and better than ever.

Being a guitarist myself, and having shown it to other musicians and guitar teachers I know its helpful in getting you practicing for more serious results, so 'm just writing to let people know that if you want you can get my book for free (actually, I made it free for everyone - no catch).

You can find out more and download it at www.robertomoretti.com

I hope you don't consider this advertising, as I really am not selling anything! Its been a passion project for me making it and I just want to see people apply it and get real results.

I'll be checking back on this thread regularly to answer any questions anyone may have.

Cheers,
Roberto Moretti

Personally, I think this is an excellent practice resource and I strongly recommend giving it a read and buying the book if it comes out.
Alright, i've downloaded it. I'll read through the ebook tonight, and will post my thoughts. Cheers for the resource.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
When I try to view or download that file I get the same result: file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

What's the deal? I can't even view it online either.
Thanks Night_Lights, keen to hear your thoughts.

Lumberjack, I checked both online and the download, and they both appear to be working fine.

Could have just been a problem with the server or your internet connection earlier, try it again it should work now.
Roberto Moretti - Author of 'Practice Made Perfect: How Anyone Can Master Anything Quicker, Easier and Better than Ever'
read through it before, not incredibly in depth, but seems good.
just what i need to kick my ass into practicing gear, i hope
I downloaded this the first time it was posted in the old Advanced Techniques forum. I still haven't gotten around to finishing it, but the first bit about the amount of consious focus the brain can have was an incredible help. It made me realize not to focus on more than one thing at a time. I generally have trouble focusing on anything. I think I have ADD.
Just wanted to give you guys the latest news regarding the book.

I've been giving it away for free because I wanted to get the word out and get feedback that would allow me to improve it and let me know if I'd achieved what I had hoped for in writing, and all the feedback I've been given has been resoundingly positive and has even actually surprised me as to how useful some people have been finding it.

So as you can imagine I'm very happy with the results of my work.

Anyways, now that I've received sufficient feedback I'm going to go ahead, update it and self-publish it in book form.

As much as I'd like to keep it free, this is going to cost me a small fortune to do (not to mention a hell of a lot more time). In order to recoup my investment, as much as I want to, I can't continue to give it away (have to pay rent and food somehow). I would have liked to go with a regular publisher, but from the feedback I've been receiving they don't seem to understand how valuable it is, and the idea I've given it away for free until now probably doesn't wash too well with them either.

That said, I'm a strong believer in contributing and giving away things without any cost, so expect to see a blog with free articles related to practice on my site in the coming months, and its likely I will even have some practice-related articles for you that will be submitted to UG.

We should be able to expect to see the book out there (on Amazon, and available to order in bookstores) maybe in early June.

I'm keeping the current version e-book free for a little longer to give anyone else a chance to get it, so here's a 'last chance' call for you guys out there to get this initial version of the book as a freebie.

Anyways, my small request to you guys. IF you have enjoyed my book and have gotten something out of it, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me a testimonial of your thoughts for my website.

I'm looking to add sort of a 'What People Are Saying About the Book' page on my site to let others know how people of all different skills are finding it.

Freepower and Invokke_Havok have graciously volunteered their kind words already (big thanks) but the views of a few more of you guys would really help.

Feel free to post on here, PM me or send me an email at roberto (AT) robertomoretti.com with just a few words and your name/location. No need to make it too complex, basically what you'd tell someone if they asked you about this book.

Thanks a lot guys, very keen to hear back from you.
Roberto Moretti - Author of 'Practice Made Perfect: How Anyone Can Master Anything Quicker, Easier and Better than Ever'
Last edited by Moretti at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Moretti
As much as I'd like to keep it free, this is going to cost me a small fortune to do (not to mention a hell of a lot more time) and to recoup my investment as much as I want to can't continue to give it away (have to pay rent and food somehow). I would have liked to go with a regular publisher, but from the feedback I've been receiving they don't seem to understand how valuable it is, and the idea I've given it away for free until now probably doesn't wash too well with them either.

Who are 'they' exactly? Who doesn't value it?

BTW, great book, read it when it first came out.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Thanks SilverDark!

I was referring to publishers and literary agents (most publishers won't even look at your work without you having an agent, whats this world coming to?).

Even these agents won't read your book before you send them a letter about it, then they ask to see it if they like the idea.

Obviously none of them are musicians as all either never replied or promptly told me they weren't interested.

But no matter, I guess if you want a job right you do it yourself.
Last edited by Moretti at Mar 25, 2009,
Quote by Freepower
Well, at least this way you a much bigger percentage.

I'll recommend people your way when it gets published.

Yes that's a positive I guess, but unfortunately its still a lot of extra work and cost for me, but what can you do. Here's hoping it goes well.

Thanks for the support, its very much appreciated.

It is definitely looking like a May/Early June release, and I'll be taking down the freebie at the end of the month, so it'll be there until April 1. After then, there will just be the opportunity to sign up for the news of when it gets released, as I rework the site.

Of course, to Freepower, feel free to unsticky me once this occurs.

There has been a lot of downloads (almost a thousand) and feedback has been great, but as yet I've only received two real testimonials for it, would really appreciate anyone else on here who found it useful to write a few words for me, come on don't make me beg.
Last edited by Moretti at Mar 29, 2009,
Just downloaded. Glad I got this while it's still free. Will read through it tonight.
Quote by lumberjack
When I try to view or download that file I get the same result: file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

What's the deal? I can't even view it online either.

Yeah i got the same message, ive downloaded it a few days ago and same thing happened. If anyone knows whats going on ur reply would be appreciated asap as free download runs out today.
cheers
Hi there
Okay will keep it online just a little bit longer for those having trouble with it, if you get any error message it just means it didn't download properly, try again.

If you get it and it doesn't open, try downloading and installing the latest version of acrobat reader.

Still only two testimonials guys (thanks again Invokke_Havok and Freepower), no one else willing to say a few words?
Last edited by Moretti at Apr 2, 2009,
Alrighty, the free e-book is now down.

Freepower, feel free to unsticky or delete the thread now in accordance with forum policy.

Hope those who did get it are getting some results with it, and stay posted for the the book release.
I downloaded it some time ago, and as much as i like a good read, i couldnt get into it. In fact i barely glanced at it, as it seems too general, and it is a lot to read, which i dont mind as long as it is relevant. It does seem very deep, i just need to feel that its relevant to me.

What can you say that will inspire me to try again?

(Im aware of how lazy this makes me come across, but the truth is that i do read a lot already)
Last edited by leafarmusic at Apr 2, 2009,
I think it's strength is that it's fairly general. Perhaps you should go and buy "The Natural Classical Guitar" if you want more specific advice. It doesn't cover pickstyle but it's brilliant about everything else.
Y'know, anyone that still wants it could PM me for it, although with Freepower's omniscience...

Don't think that's gonna happen... lol
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Quote by Freepower
More to the point, that's seriously, seriously not cool.

It's really, really, not cool.
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Last edited by SilverDark at Apr 2, 2009,
Hey guys, forgive me for the lack of updates, I've been pretty busy. Good news is, all the re-editing, cover design, etc. is done and it looks like the book will be available very soon (few weeks).

As promised, I'd be keen to write a few articles for this site regarding practice, and rather than just write random articles or simply provide excerpts from the book, I'd prefer to ask you guys what you'd like to hear about (or more about) or answer any questions you may have on practice, the science behind it or any related topics.

Its likely you'll get far more value out of it that way, as opposed to me simply writing about what interests me.

Feel free to fire your suggestions away!
Last edited by Moretti at May 10, 2009,
Maintaining motivation.
Common misconceptions about practice.
How to organise your practice time.

I'd really dig some good articles on those, if only to link to in a lazy fashion when I cba typing it myself.

Glad to hear the books going ahead in this time of credit crunching.
Alrighty Freepower, some nice ideas there - will see what I can do. Just don't get too lazy.

All things going to plan, I should have a few articles done for you guys before release.

If anyone else has any other ideas/questions/things you want to hear about, don't be shy.
Last edited by Moretti at May 11, 2009,
How come his website is down? I'm really interested in reading this as I've been doing a lot of research into practicing... My bookstore doesn't stock it, so I'd like to buy an ebook copy if it's possible
Quote by pncoutts
How come his website is down? I'm really interested in reading this as I've been doing a lot of research into practicing... My bookstore doesn't stock it, so I'd like to buy an ebook copy if it's possible

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0646512781?ie=UTF8&tag=bainzyswebsit-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=0646512781

Didn't look very far did you?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, I did ACTUALLY. But Amazon won't ship to my PO Box address in the UAE. Thanks.
Quote by pncoutts
Yeah, I did ACTUALLY. But Amazon won't ship to my PO Box address in the UAE. Thanks.

Getting all self-righteous only works if there was any way for anyone to know that.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I would assume that checking amazon would be one of the first things anyone would do.... didn't think it'd have to be mentioned. No self-righteousness... and I didn't expect anyone to know that amazon don't ship to the UAE, but I did figure people would assume Amazon was tried.

Anyway, apologies.
Quote by pncoutts
I would assume that checking amazon would be one of the first things anyone would do.... didn't think it'd have to be mentioned. No self-righteousness... and I didn't expect anyone to know that amazon don't ship to the UAE, but I did figure people would assume Amazon was tried.

Anyway, apologies.

No, I always assume that everyone I run in to on the internet is an idiot because, frankly, people are.

Have you tried this: http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qsort=p&isbn=0646512781&siteID=GwEz7vxblVU-I7Gf6q.fm1FvJHxlByECKw ?

Or here: http://www.betterworldbooks.com/book-id-0646512781.aspx ?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 22, 2011,
Good point, I guess most people are....

Well, neither of those website do either... Thanks though.
Most people are incapable of using google, let alone remembering about amazon.

You can't get him at his old email addy either, last time people were asking about it I tried to contact him.
Yeah, I've been trying to find him on the net somehow, but he doesn't seem to exist anymore... Oh well, I guess I'll have to pick it up when I'm next in Europe... Thanks anyways, guys.