Page 3 of 9
Quote by Sonicxlover
Please don't count this as a double post, since that was over a week ago.

Anyway, I'm back from camp, and I've got some handwritten exercises and licks from Paul Gilbert himself, as well as some fantastic ones from my teacher, Dave Martone. Holla if you want them.

Cool stuff! I wouldn't mind if you sent some of those exercises my way.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Anyway, I'm back from camp, and I've got some handwritten exercises and licks from Paul Gilbert himself, as well as some fantastic ones from my teacher, Dave Martone. Holla if you want them.
Can I haz exercises plz?
See, I have full GP files of two camps with Dave, but I've personally been inclined to keep them to myself and at time give them to the people who I think should see them, as opposed to putting them out for the world to see. Just me though, I don't really care who else does what.
The sweeping section at the end of Spastic Ink's "To Counter and Groove in Em" is a good challenge since it tests your ability to sweep at varying subdivisions.
Quote by TheShred201
See, I have full GP files of two camps with Dave, but I've personally been inclined to keep them to myself and at time give them to the people who I think should see them, as opposed to putting them out for the world to see. Just me though, I don't really care who else does what.

Hmm, really? Why's this?

I probably won't include most of Dave's anyway if I do, because there's a ton.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by Sonicxlover

Send pleeeeease
just curious been playing 8 months and I want to eventuailly shred at this point would it help at all if I spent a bunch of time trying to learn the songs here ?
Sorry, but all of these songs are quite hard. I've been working on 'Fives - Guthrie Govan' and 'Technicall Difficulties - Paul Gilbert', which are both on the very top (easiest) of the list and I haven't gotten either of them up to speed (I'm not exactly a beginner either).

Aren't there any slightly easier songs that someone like me could master? Thanks
I hate my sig
Thanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.
I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here!
my best regards guys!
seo jaipur
SEO
----
FriendyAnil
Alucard3359- Ive been playing for three months now and i can play metal dog. although i haven't tried learning the solo im pretty sure i can play it. i can play this because i play a lot about 5 hours a day. If you wan to shred just play constantly.
Quote by TheShred201
Read this. Top =/= easiest.

I did.... I'm learning the songs at the top. Technical difficulties is....well difficult. I guess I just need to get better
I hate my sig
Quote by Sonicxlover

Send, plz.
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
Quote by Sonicxlover

Yeh I wouldn't mind checking them out, thanks. Just PM me or something
Quote by Sonicxlover

Are you PMing these out or something? If you wouldn't mind throwing them my way, go ahead!
Quote by Apejack Cuba
Are you PMing these out or something? If you wouldn't mind throwing them my way, go ahead!

I would love to have them as well.
I've heard it both ways
Alright fine, I'll put some of em on here bit by bit.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
So somebody posted like half of the exercises I had from him in a lesson. Go check it out. The rest are boxes and are more like concepts than licks.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Where?
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
This http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/general_music/how_to_shred_like_paul_gilbert.html

The Dave Martone licks aren't anything like them, but TheShred made me feel like I shouldn't post them.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
TBH, I don't care if you post them or not, I merely explained my motives and reasoning for not doing so myself. I admit that I have shared them with certain individuals that I've wanted to share them with, I just haven't posted them on the internet for everyone to see.
Quote by TheShred201
TBH, I don't care if you post them or not, I merely explained my motives and reasoning for not doing so myself. I admit that I have shared them with certain individuals that I've wanted to share them with, I just haven't posted them on the internet for everyone to see.

Well I agree actually, you just made me see that. I feel now like it should be a more private thing.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
when I try to extract the files from "Speed trainers by -VulcaN-", it asks for a password. What is that? And when I try try to open any of the files in that folder, it doesn't open. What should I do?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Are exercises really nessecary? I just tend to improvising and shred around scales to get my technique better, more musical to me, and I make sure to cut across strings e.t.c
I think that Sequoia Throne by Protest the Hero would be good to add to the Tapping list. It has some pretty cool tapping in it, and some cool sweeping sections.
reatarded q but are there any songs that work on more than one aspect. Like tapping economy picking chord progression etc in one song? (random example)
This compilation of exercises and songs pertaining to their relevant techniques is amazing. Thanks for putting all this good stuff up.
Which tab of Paganini's Fifth Caprice should I learn? It sounds like an intriguing option, and I've seen enough videos of it to be fairly convinced I could do it with enough practice.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15