ok well ive been looking forward to buying a peavey classic 30 because it was supposed to be made for playing classic rock and hard rock... recently ive been seeing a lot of posts about how it is made to play blues and softer rock... if this is true then what amp would be perfect for hard rock that is under 600 dollars

thx
the classic 30 would actually be a pretty good choice for that type of stuff. but how hard do you need to go (name some bands maybe)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
it depends on how hard your gonna play. if you put a good disto pedal in front of it, then you should be fine. list bands you play or whatev.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
bands like zepplin,acdc,aerosmith are the lighter bands but id also like to play some bands like disturbed,metallica,coheed and other bands near that...
Last edited by abe123 at Mar 22, 2009,
Don't bump after less than 24 hours.

I would suggest a Randall RG50TC.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
An amp can't play a style of music, the style of music an amp puts out is up to the user.

the tone it puts out is up to the user as well, how much you're willing to tweak the amp.

They have enough gain on tap that if boosted could get you into a higher gain territory, the stock speakers are **** blue marvels (most peavey combos have **** stock speakers, i'm looking at you, Sheffields)

with a speaker upgrade to a v30 or gt-75, some sort of greenback maybe- or whatever you choose (something more suited for hard rock) you'll get the tone you want.
could probabaly find an ac30 used somewhere, boost that and you can get all the tones you want
Ok, first sorry about the bump didnt know the rule and im terrible at being patient

to the Randall how much do those usually go for??

Roland cube 30x would be a good cheap answer but it might not give me the great tone im looking for?

PeaveyXXX really caught my eye but are they in my price range?

lastly, i just saw this deal on Craigslist http://worcester.craigslist.org/msg/1047505979.html

what do u think?
Firstly, that is a good CList deal but I would still say the Randall is better. Generally it goes for a bit under $600. You can also get a B-52 for $360, those are really good also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
hmm whats the b-52 particularly good for and ( noob question) who makes them? also would u recommend the randall over the b-52 a lot?
ya the classic 30 drive was awesome wat do u think of that craiglist listing should i take it?
Quote by abe123
hmm whats the b-52 particularly good for and ( noob question) who makes them? also would u recommend the randall over the b-52 a lot?

B-52s are more a hard rock to metal kind of amp. Not to say you can't do classic rock on them, but it would always have a slightly modern edge. And B-52s are made by B-52
wow, thx i could be ok with a hard rock to metal because im sure it will still be able to play some ac dc and aerosmith but are they sold by bigger companies such as guitar center?

also, mcrfobtai what is the hybrid version?
wow looks like an all around great amp a little too many watts but i read a comment that recommended getting a tube volume control box so i might do that
hmm.. do u really recommend it is it honestly way too loud for bedroom playing
Hey, you're just like me. Need a versatile amp <$600, in the Boston area.
I eventually narrowed my choices down to Traynor YCV50Blue (used), B-52 At-112 (new), or Crate Palomino 32 or 50 (used). I'm also really looking at Mesa's now, 'cause the lower-end models (found used in our pricerange) sound great and are very versatile, like the DC-2, DC-3, DC-5, F-30, .22, and others.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by abe123
hmm.. do u really recommend it is it honestly way too loud for bedroom playing

You can have it quiet enough, you just lose tone quality when it's that low.
haha cool man ya im really looking for that amazing amp under 600 :p how are the crate palomino or traynor i havent heard any of either and where are you gonna get the b-52?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
You can have it quiet enough, you just lose tone quality when it's that low.

ehh i can deal with that atm or just move it to my basement thx for all your help btw
Quote by abe123
haha cool man ya im really looking for that amazing amp under 600 :p how are the crate palomino or traynor i havent heard any of either and where are you gonna get the b-52?

I've only played the Palo v32 once, and liked it. It was single channel though, and I want a 2-channel, which is why I really like the v50.
Traynor YCV50 is as close to a JCM800 you can get without actually getting a Marshall JCM800 (or going boutique). No idea where I can play one. I love the YouTube clips ive seen, i was thinking about blind-buying.
I also have no idea where I'm gonna play the B-52. I've been to the Natick and Boston GC, and neither has the AT-112. PM me if you find a place that carries em!
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
haha ya im really thinking about that 200 peavey classic 50 off craigslist or that b-52 and looks like the only place i can buy it is online =(