Could you give me advice on angus young solo techniques please? I am writing a song and I need a good solo. It sounds weird when I change from the main riff to the solo so could you give me any tips on that also.
stay in the same Key. And learn pentatonic scales. Try just soloing over each chord. Or u can even try this. Whistle the tune in ur head as if it was 1 note. THen match it on single strings and do that. be creative.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
stay in the same Key. And learn pentatonic scales. Try just soloing over each chord. Or u can even try this. Whistle the tune in ur head as if it was 1 note. THen match it on single strings and do that. be creative.

but he said angus young
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Stay in the major pentatonic scales. Angus mainly solos using variations of major scales. ANother thing he does is play one passage or phrase, then he'll go up on to the higher strings and play the same thing. he also uses a lot of string bending. Also, Angus is one of the best guitarists ever to use vibrato...make it sound as if there's electricity running through your notes...Ang also improvised almost all of his solos, i think he's said that the only solo he actually sat down and wrote was the one for 'You Shook me all Night Long'...in short, play what will fit with the song. Solos are supposed to be part of the song, not like an extension to it.
All for one and one for all.
Last edited by angus_young_32 at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by angus_young_32
Stay in the major pentatonic scales. Angus mainly solos using variations of major scales. ANother thing he does is play one passage or phrase, then he'll go up on to the higher strings and play the same thing. he also uses a lot of string bending. Also, Angus is one of the best guitarists ever to use vibrato...make it sound as if there's electricity running through your notes...Ang also improvised almost all of his solos, i think he's said that the only solo he actually sat down and wrote was the one for 'You Shook me all Night Long'...in short, play what will fit with the song. Solos are supposed to be part of the song, not like an extension to it.

You sure he uses the major pentatonic?
Call me Batman.
Really wide vibrato and pentatonics. Stay in the key you're in.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Really wide vibrato and pentatonics. Stay in the key you're in.

I disagree, his vibrato is much smaller and faster than modern metal players.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
You sure he uses the major pentatonic?

Depends what song he's playing. But I believe he sticks mainly with the major...but I could be wrong...since B.B. King was one of his biggest influences, probably the major.
All for one and one for all.
most of acdc's song, angus is usually staying in the minor penatonics, hes actually a lot better than people give him credit for, ya hes not the best but what he does is magic, the 12 year old fanboys just over rate him and ug goes into a fit of rage hahaha, byut a lot of their songs are in minor penatonics
thanks all the other lessons says he uses mostly minor and switches back and forth. But thanks for the tips