Ok so ive been getting into hardcore music like the devil wears prada, attack attack, from autumn to ashes also saosin.. bands like that..im just looking to put more singing and less screaming but not to drastic.. so yeah what makes a good breakdown? i hear ones that have alot of chugs and double stops.. so yeah..
fire away

also if you would like to suggest other bands for me that would be nice also

and check out exiting the fall.. i saw them at a gig the other night they are wicked good
also about the exact style im looking at.. there local so just myspace them

but yeah thanks someone posted and said those bands were more screamo.. my bad.. but yeah check out exiting the fall there almost exactly how i want to start playing.. like genre wise.. besides the Christian rock part no offense to anyone who is but im not religious at all.
Last edited by salbarbz20 at Mar 22, 2009,
Those bands you listed are more screamo than hardcore. Listen to some old Throwdown, Earth Crisis, Hatebreed's first record, maybe some Zao and Skycamefalling. Those are good hardcore/early metalcore bands that have great breakdowns.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
same here dude. I ****in dig deathcore/hardcore.
musically though, a good breakdown is usually (cliche) an original one. To me, I can usually tell when the breakdown is coming and sadly its usually a bland ass 00-000-00-000 repeated for the whole thing. dick around with some stuff and after a few tries you'll find a good fit. I know you said you dont like that much screaming, but check out Bring Me The Horizon..they are amazing.
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
also anything from Unearth.
=)
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
need i say more than 'parkway drive' havent heard a bad breakdown from those guys...
What makes a good breakdown? Putting them in the right place.

Just give the rules a quick once over, please, as this is in the wrong place.

*reported*
I agree with the recommendation of Parkway drive. Look at As Blood Runs Black too.