Hey guys,

Check out my profile. It's the only song on there. I know it may get repetitive, but I am going to make changes. I need some suggestions on where to go with this one.

Oh yeah, how's the sound quality?

Any tips?

Thanks!
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.
Last edited by FiestaItaliano at Mar 22, 2009,
I'd say tone down the synth a bit. the sound is a bit too overwhelming, nice drum groove though.
Bring guitar up a little, the synth down...or just record the synth line to guitar so it's more melodic, or at least present. Adding a solid melody/solo over the top would help it a lot too.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
It sounds good but it is kind of repetitive. It would make a great intro
I was actually expecting something really bad, but hey this is really good! Fantastic quality! Nice and atmospheric sounds like a villains theme or something from a video game
Could also make a great intro to an album!
I didn't have a problem with the synths, they weren't too loud, drums we're spot on too, it seemed to fit together quite well.

The only tips I can give you would be :

1) Don't call anything 'epic metal' ever again. EVER. I was expecting some wannabe metalhead raping a guitar thinking he's cool making 'epic' music! But no, you got skills.

2) Do a collaboration with me. :P

3) More tunes. now!

- Neptune

edit: oh yeah, this is my latest attempt at recording : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091792
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Mar 22, 2009,
Sounds good.
You should make all the instruments louder, especially the drums.
And I don't find it repetive at all.
The longer, the better.
Quote by NeptuneUK
I was actually expecting something really bad, but hey this is really good! Fantastic quality! Nice and atmospheric sounds like a villains theme or something from a video game
Could also make a great intro to an album!
I didn't have a problem with the synths, they weren't too loud, drums we're spot on too, it seemed to fit together quite well.

The only tips I can give you would be :

1) Don't call anything 'epic metal' ever again. EVER. I was expecting some wannabe metalhead raping a guitar thinking he's cool making 'epic' music! Nut no, you got skills.

2) Do a collaboration with me. :P

3) More tunes. now!

- Neptune

edit: oh yeah, this is my latest attempt at recording : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091792

What do you mean "collaborate"?
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.
Nice! This would make a fantastic intro, I wouldn't really say it's repetetive to be honest, just as long as it was part of a long song. I think the levels are okay, just maybe bring the guitar up slightly, maybe add some leads too. The drums sound great, what did you use for them?

Really good job on the quality too, well done.

If you could crit "Beneath the Soil" on my profile i'd greatly appriciate it, thanks.