you switched to a different gauge, thus the tension is different. How'd you not know that, after "years" of palying?!

Anyway, aside from me being a douche, how many springs are you using in the back, and you may also want to adjust the spring tension.
once again, how many springs are you using in the back? forget tension adjustment for the moment. just how many springs?
I'm not sure what the problem is. You put heavier strings on and the bridge is higher. So either add springs or make them tighter.
Quote by silver8ack
I'm not sure what the problem is. You put heavier strings on and the bridge is higher. So either add springs or make them tighter.

this. years of experiance and you don't even know how to set up floyd roses? I dont even own a Floyd rose but I know how by watching youtube videos and practing on my friend's guitar. I never seriously messed it up...
You need to adjust the spring tension to make up for the added tension of the larger guage strings. Also I'm sure you need to adjust intonation as well once you get the trem properly leveled.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Adjust the screws holding the springs in, trial and error either way, until its like....flat on the guitars body.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you switched to a different gauge, thus the tension is different. How'd you not know that, after "years" of palying?!

Same way you did that after "years" of spelling...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Same way you did that after "years" of spelling...

It's called a typo, it happens. You don't magically forget something you would've learned after constantly playing guitar for years.

Nice try, though.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's called a typo, it happens. You don't magically forget something you would've learned after constantly playing guitar for years.

Nice try, though.

In that case shut the heck up. When people ask for advice either give it to them or go away. Dont come here with your witty little comments acting like you know everything.

TS has a problem, help him fix it or get out.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
In that case shut the heck up. When people ask for advice either give it to them or go away. Dont come here with your witty little comments acting like you know everything.

TS has a problem, help him fix it or get out.

So what if I was a smartass? I did offer him suggestions of what to do. It helps to read the entire post instead of nitpick one little part. You know, reading comprehension and all that
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']So what if I was a smartass? I did offer him suggestions of what to do. It helps to read the entire post instead of nitpick one little part. You know, reading comprehension and all that

I meant to say, help him without being a douche, seriously, that annoys people here.

Calling someone an idiot really doesn't help people listen to what your trying to say. And while I'm at it, let me apologize in all sincerity for TS's lack of knowledge, Maybe he should just just get off the forums since he doesn't know as much as we do...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I didn't call him an idiot. Did I once refer to him by any derogatory nomenclature? I simply called him out on something seemed a little off.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I didn't call him an idiot. Did I once refer to him by any derogatory nomenclature? I simply called him out on something seemed a little off.

Dude, just stop.

By saying this....

How'd you not know that, after "years" of palying?!

....you implied that you have far superior guitar knowledge, (like anyone cares even if you do...)

...Like I said earlier, TS has a problem, help him without being a douche...or go away.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I didn't call him an idiot. Did I once refer to him by any derogatory nomenclature? I simply called him out on something seemed a little off.
You hinted at it, and that's bad enough. And that's a little something called reading between the lines.

Now, enough of you two trying to outwit each other.

To the TS, as has been said before (And will probably be said many times after, as well), the tension of the strings has changed, and is now greater than the tension of the springs in the trem-cavity. If you didn't know before, you know it now. Tuning might still be stable, but do some trem-wankage, and it's bound to be less stable (and I'm not even starting about comfortable). What you should do is unlock the nut, loosen the strings a bit, tighten the claw-screws in the trem-cavity, tune up, lock nut, check, and rinse and repeat if necessary.

Also, there's a big stickied thread on the top of the forum about Floyd Roses, and it's called 'New&Improved FR setup guide'. It amazes me at how people can miss that.

Nitpicking edit: biga29, you typo'd. \/
Last edited by Y00p at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by Y00p

Now, enough of you two trying to outwit each other.

I actually agree with that..... I'm to tired...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦