I have a Mexican strat from 2007. I like it, but one thing thats been bothering me lately is the tension in the strings. When I go to play other people's electrics they are always so much easier to play in comparison to mine, in terms of bending and stuff. I don't have the bridge set completely flat to the guitar, could that be part of the problem? The strings I use are 10's.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Would the strings be the whole problem?
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Then try 9's or 8's =D
If the tension is different to other guitars with the same string gauge then the neck length must be different, so just try lighter string gauges... unless the bridge is set so badly that you need to make the tension loads higher to compensate! (I very much doubt this is the case but try testing the intonation just in case; tune up and see what the pitch is at the 12th fret).
Ok...I guess I'll try 9's. I want to try setting my bridge flat too. Plus my action is high.
Quote by guitarlover57
use some other brand ?.. check on the websites/package for exact tension values..
High action will make a guitar feel harder to play. If your friends are playing LPs or SGs the string tension is lower on them due to the scale length.
The things is my cousin has a squier strat and his is so much easier to play than mine.
Quote by guitarlover57
if you have 10's on a guitar of course the tension s a bit higher if you want like 0 tension use 8's and if you want the tension your cousin has on his use 9's.
fair warning, lowering the gauge will thin out your tone
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Lowering the gauge of the string won't do much.
The problem is that your action is too high.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I find lowering the string gauge helps my tone, large bass-side strings sound muddy to me.

Setting the bridge parallel to the body will help your action (assuming the bridge is currently leaning forward.) Try putting more tension into the springs in the back of the guitar to help with this problem. Doing this and putting a lighter set of strings on the guitar will help the playability of your Strat
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]