I'm putting a power metal band together .
The name I want to use is ThunderCross.
As some may know it's the name Rhapsody (Of Fire) used for there first demo.
Will there be any issues (loegal or otherwise)
shouldnt forsee any,alot of bands are named after songs/albums/movies etc
Machine head are named after a deep purple album, black sabbath are named after a movie.. there's loads more.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I doubt there'd be any problem with it. First, look at how few people have even heard of Rhapsody, let alone listen to them. Now, of those people, most of them don't even know that ThunderCross was the name they used for their first demo. Factor in the fact that the demo is probably so obscure that a grand total of 10 people probably have it, and the fact that the band probably wouldn't even care, and you have your answer.

Though, I must say, it's a horrible band name.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
well i like it.
and i think lots of people will've heard of rhapsody, they're very popular in power metal circles.
and think of it lie this
DragonForce is a terrible name but they rule, same as Edguy
im gonna get flamed for supporting DF
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
well i like it.
and i think lots of people will've heard of rhapsody, they're very popular in power metal circles.
and think of it lie this
DragonForce is a terrible name but they rule, same as Edguy
im gonna get flamed for supporting DF

DragonForce blows.

EDIT: I decided to take out all of the swearing lol .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Well i think it works for powermetal. After all its supposed to be cheesy right? isn't that what power metal is about?
Quote by Highwaytohell
Well i think it works for powermetal. After all its supposed to be cheesy right? isn't that what power metal is about?

Very true. However, I think it is about as cheesy as Dragonforce.

Yes, Rhapsody is very popular amongst power metal fans, but that doesn't mean that everybody knows the entire history behind them.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....