I know the blackberry has had some bad reviews and whatnot but I still don't know why its so bad. For me this phone will only be used for texting and calling. I won't be using any internet features. I mostly text with my phone too. They are only $20 apart at the store so I could get either one. The blackberry does sell for a lot more on ebay than the dare so if I did ever want to sell it I would make a big profit.

So which do you think? I like both and want your opinion. I am a little leaning towards the blackberry just because its new, about the same price, and sells for a lot... and its pretty cool.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Both.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
LG rulez

but wait isn't this a Versus Thread?

greetz
Drum drum drum away!
Well my friend has a storm and its absolutely gorgeous i like it, but i DONT like the fact you gotta click on the screen...

However, i love my dare.. its a tank, Touchscreen isnt as responsive as an iphone or anything, (nothing is), but still responds good, i dont have the internet but i hear its pretty fast, they both are pretty awesome, so if you want something a little bigger, but prettier, go with the storm, something smaller, and still looks sleek (but EVERYONE has) go with the dare
Oh man Really serious?,Oh Fail, Just get a simple fooking phone that just makes Phone calls and Texts NOTHING ellse..

You kids and your wacky phones.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Well I'll also use it for music, pictures, and other little things. I just want a cool phone haha. I agree everyone has the Dare but still that doesn't matter much. I like that the BB has a huge screen too. The Dare is sweet too though.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
the UG Dare. get that
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
If you only use it for texting and making calls, get a NORMAL phone and spend your money on a pedal or something.
hello
I think I have heard about the blackberry before, its a decent phone. Cant say anything about the LG though.

So imo you should take the dare

>.>
<.<
neither.
Samsung Access FTW!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I quite like my Dare, haven't had any troubles with it. Can't say I've heard much about the Storm though.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
i have a buddy who is the GM of the AT&T/Cingular store i get my phones and pay my bill at (cause im OBVIOUSLY w/ their service) and while he didnt mention anything about BB's, he told me NOT to get a dare because it really isnt anything special, other than its a mirror, and its DEFF not good for too much. it cant really store much music, and if you text alot, the sliding up of the screen to access the buttons to text gets aggrivating, and over time, if you text lik ALOT alot, it will eventually cause it to break in some form.
this was 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: and is it just me, or does it seem like every new LG phone goes out of style and gets deemed "lame" and they come out with a "cooler" one within only a few months?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Mar 22, 2009,
I have a BB curve and I love it. I don't think you'd be disappointed by the BB storm
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The storm is pretty new. My wife has the Bold (upgraded from the Curve, upgraded from the Pearl) and its very good but she uses its features a lot. Currently we are IMing and she's in Belgium. The WiFi is great for home and other places. The GPS is good. MP3 player benefits from mini speakers. She broke the back cover by dropping it but replacement was not too expensive. But if you only want calls and text get a cheap Nokia. Otherwise its an expensive status symbol.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Blackberry storm sucks. The LG Dare is a great phone, but LG introduced a better one not too long ago.

LG VERSA! Full touchscreen AND detachable keyboard? **** yes.
Neither, get this one.
John Myung, the bass god with nimble, asian basketweaving fingers! \.../

Quote by Sonis3
+∞

Quote by HelloHalo
Quote by drunkinkoala
You should mate them together and make a super phone.

Icwutudidthar
I'm Luke.
Both of my parents have a Blackberry (from work- I don't think they'd go out and buy them if they weren't supplied by their companies), and they aren't exactly technologically inclined, so I end up having to work their phones for them. I have an LG phone similar to the Dare, and I would say go for the Blackberry.

My phone is a pain in the arse to text with, and its music and image features aren't anything to write home about. I'd trade for a Blackberry any day.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
I know the blackberry has had some bad reviews and whatnot but I still don't know why its so bad. For me this phone will only be used for texting and calling. I won't be using any internet features. I mostly text with my phone too. They are only $20 apart at the store so I could get either one. The blackberry does sell for a lot more on ebay than the dare so if I did ever want to sell it I would make a big profit.

So which do you think? I like both and want your opinion. I am a little leaning towards the blackberry just because its new, about the same price, and sells for a lot... and its pretty cool.

Um. If you're only using it for texting and making phone calls, why would you buy a dare or a blackberry? Just get a regular phone.
Wait, wait, wait... hold the phone (lul).

You want to get a phone that does everything short of make espresso, and you want to use it for texting and calling?

Dude, just buy a normal phone for less monies.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
i dont know about the blackberry but i have a blackjack. pretty cheap and built like a tank. But it's more like a total business phone
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
HTC Touch Diamond, end
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
My sister has been through 3 or 4 of them because the phone kept screwing up..not a wise choice go with the other one
I don't know what service provider you are getting the phone from, but when I was looking at that phone, the reason i didn't get it is because a blackberry storm phone requires a 'special blackberry storm plan'. It is around 100 bucks a month. And I'm pretty sure you have to get everything included with the plan: Internet, even if you don't plan on using it. Maybe it is different for you though. I got the LG env2 instead. Not as fancy but I like it a lot and it does everything I need it to.
Quote by Nexium
Oh man Really serious?,Oh Fail, Just get a simple fooking phone that just makes Phone calls and Texts NOTHING ellse..

You kids and your wacky phones.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Here's my phone bitches.

Taking photos? That's what a digital camera is for.

Music? I have an iPod thanks very much.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
i actually just got a dare 3 days ago. i like it, nothing bad to say about it. i tried out a storm and the touch screen seemed very delayed. but then again, nothing compares to the iphone.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
LGs always look great but their software and OS are shoddy in my opinion
/CENTER]
Who names these fuckin things? They sound so cheesy, like a damn bodyspray. The Nokia Passion, the Motorola Desire, the Verizon Thunderbrick

See, I can do it too.

I dunno, anyway If you're more interested in software and applications I would imagine that Blackberry is probably the way to go. But I'm not a "tech" person so don't take my word for it.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."