So I can't seem to figure out how many guitars at a time can plug into each different POD, I'm trying to figure out which one I would like to purchase in the near future. Hope you guys can help, thanks!

POD 2.0
PODxt
POD X3
only one guitar at a time for all of those except the X3, which has two guitar inputs i believe, as well as one mic input

if you were looking at any of them, i would suggest staying away from the 2.0, its a bit outdated and perhaps you might want to wait for X3's price to drop
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
you can plug 1 guitar into each of those.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Okay, thanks guys. I guess I narrowed it down to the PODxt and the POD X3. Are their any major differences besides how the X3 has an extra input?
i lied brendan is right, the X3 has one mic and one guitar input. if you have the money, go for the X3:

-better display
-USB 2.0, which provides zero latency compared to the XT's regular USB
-all the model packs already built in (if you got the XT, these extra models would cost 100 bucks)
-dual tone (amazing feature if you learn how to use it, you can play through two completely different presets at the same time and even pan one to each side if your using a stereo setup)
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by XfalconX
So is the latency a major problem in the XT?

Not at all. I've been using a PodXT for recording purposes for a good 4 or 5 years now. If latency was an issue, I would have went with something else.
Cool, thanks a lot, I will be looking into buying the PODxt hopefully in the near future.
Quote by XfalconX
So is the latency a major problem in the XT?

it isnt a major problem, but consider that theres two ways to record:

-plug analog outputs of pod into computer or external soundcard/interface (if you have any decent recording interface this would be the best option) the latency in this depends on the soundcard
-hook up pod through USB, and set as computer soundcard (recording through USB is the best option if you dont have a good recording interface) this is a great feature, and provides barely any latency if you have a decent system and you set the buffer size to a small amount
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand