The rules say you aren't allowed to make a VS thread.

But in the Pit right now there is a Vampire or Zombies thread, asking which is better.

Are they just being lenient on this rule, or am I mis interpreting the definition of a VS thread?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
The ban on Vs. threads usually means one brand or website against another. The mods usually let threads like the one you said go, since they usually die quickly enough anyway
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
what i would think is that the VS threads are banned when it comes to things that people can get into a heated argument over and begin flaming one another as a result, for example, which guitar is better etc..or it could be just that a mod hasnt gotten to it or seen it yet.
But that's confusing as... I don't see a difference between Zombies VS Vamptires, and Fender VS Gibson?

In both instances you can say why either one is better. I know one is a fictional debate, but still.

Mod help?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Well i would see it as the zombie vs vampires is more of a 'fun' discussion, as technically, neither existm, whereas arguments between things like fender and gibson can and have gotten heated and led to flaming.

Or a mod could be monitoring the thread and allowing it as there is no flaming going on. Not too sure to be honest, just my view on things
Quote by thanksgiving
But that's confusing as... I don't see a difference between Zombies VS Vamptires, and Fender VS Gibson?

In both instances you can say why either one is better. I know one is a fictional debate, but still.

Mod help?
You don't need mod help. You just need common sense.

The answer is right there in your post.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
But how does that make such a big difference?

Quote by Våd Hamster

people tend not to get as "involved" in a fictional debate, which leads to less flame wars, at least thats what i would think anyway.
most vs threads will be closed on the spot when they are seen by a mod. they tend to result in large amounts of flaming or spam and we can generally tell how a thread is going to end up based on the first post or first few posts. however i suppose there could be some exceptions to the rule, which would be judged on a case by case basis.

i haven't seen the thread you're talking about so i can't comment on it specifically. in future if you'd like a thread reviewed, please provide a link.
from daylight...
...into darkness