I bought a guitar the last week, it was a copy from a randy rhoads and has a weird copy of a floyd rose, the problem is that whenever i use the whammy it doesnt return to its original position and it is very frustrating. 3 thing come to my mind.

1.- Probably new strings, so i have to stretched it. but how is the correct procedure?
2.- Im tighten to much the nut springs? how i know the correct way?
3.- Im not doing correctly.

the deal is. I un-tight the nut springs. i put the fine-tuners in its middle position. Tune 1º,6º,5º,4º,3º,2º till its is perfectly tuned. later lock the nut. and tuneup using the fine-tuners. it keeps the tuning until i use the whammy because it doesnt return to its original position. im doing all wrong? also it dont have that springs claws screws, instead have an allen screws. heres guitar's pics thanks in advance.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9066/dsc00088l.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9666/dsc00089d.jpg
Last edited by axl611 at Mar 22, 2009,
Can you get us a picture of the springs?

IS the bridge perfectly level with the body before you whammy? If it isn't you need to adjust the springs until it is, If it is try putting some lubricant on the trem' posts.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Well, to be quite honest, that's what cheap Floyd Rose copies do.
What you could try is have it perfectly (and really, perfectly) set up by a professional, because that often goes a long way. Other than that, there's not much you can do..

Also, the nut can't be overtightened; At least, not so that it causes tuning/trem instability. The worst you can do is strip your screws/screwholes, so be careful. Tighten them until they resist, don't force it!
Thx for the response.

You mean the springs in the back of the guitar?

when you say the bridge perfectly level with the body. where can i see it?. to me its see parallel but i might be wrong. it is a reference point to see it is aligned with the body?
Quote by axl611
Thx for the response.

when you say the bridge perfectly level with the body. where can i see it?. to me its see parallel but i might be wrong. it is a reference point to see it is aligned with the body?

See that big old honking stickied thread on the top of the forum that says 'New & Improved FR setup guide'? That's where you're headed. Granted, most is about OFR's or Ibanez trems, but you should find anything you need there.
Quote by axl611
Thx for the response.

Yeah it sounds right, try taking the FR off the guitar, clean and lube the trem posts, then reassemble, Be sure to loosen the tension of the claw springs as you loosen the strings so the bridge doesn't snap back.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...