Ok, so I've had this amp for close to a year now. I've been having issues with it since I bought it, but now it's gotten impossibly bad. I literally can't turn it up beyond 2 without getting this terrible, high pitched feedback. I've replaced the tubes in it twice already, had it in and out of the shop half a dozen times, tried to change every possible thing with my effects loop, completely taken out the effects loop, used different guitars, nothing's working, I'm all out of options here.

If anyone's got any suggestions as to how to fix this bloody thing they'd be greatly appreciated.
too much gain?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
How far are you away from the amp?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Have you tried a noise suppressor?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Is it maybe because your guitar is right in front of the speaker as you turn it up?

have you tried moving away from the amp afterwards?
Scenario breakdown

1. Gain is cranked
2. standing 2 feet away from your amp
3. gain AND volume are cranked
4. volume is cranked in a small room
5. huge amp in small room
6. all of the above
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
get an isp decimator, run it through the effects loop, turn it up until the screeching is gone, I can crank my 6505 right up without ever having an issue
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I have this problem regardless of the size of the room or how far I am from the amp. I'm gunna try one of those decimators, because everyone's suggesting that. I also think it might have something to do with the transistor.... I just hope not cause that's gunna be expensive as hell to replace.
You've worked with the effects loop, but what about the ground? Does it have a ground lift switch on it? If not, you can basically get one to stick between the plug and the outlet, I think.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
You've worked with the effects loop, but what about the ground? Does it have a ground lift switch on it? If not, you can basically get one to stick between the plug and the outlet, I think.

That's a really good way to shock yourself. In my old guitar room I had to do that, luckily I was never shocked. I have been shocked by an amp before though (while working on it) and it does NOT feel good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ah, didn't know about that. I had a friend who did this I think, and he didn't get shocked. But I was under the impression it helps battle nasty feedback/hum and squealing?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
unpotted pickups Perhaps??
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
^I was sort of thinking that as well, but he said he tried different guitars and it seems unlikely they'd all have microphonic pickups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^Must have missed that, Mabe the amp has an enternal problem with the curictry, I don't run my Triple X real loud, but it well over 2 with out any feed back issues, and my neck pickup is a SD SH-55 Seth lover, which is an un potted pickup. I would take the amp to a tech, if you bought it new, take advantage of Peavey's awesome 5 year warrenty.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6