I'm interested in buying Schecter's new C-7 model with an original floyd rose and EMG 707s. I found a place that sells it a $100 cheaper than anywhere else but the site claims in thier specs that the tremelo is licensed, not original. Guitar owners know this is a big difference...

I was wondering if this could just very easily be a typo or do different versions of this guitar exist, thanks!

Here is the site with specs:
http://www.themadape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C-7_HellFR&click=1540
Last edited by ACE IT UP at Mar 22, 2009,
Unless specifically modified by the seller, Hellraisers come with Originals, not licensed, i think its a typo.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I would contact the site and just make sure it is a typo.

Because how po'd would you be if you open up the box and your new shiny guitar has a licensed **** on it.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
the schecter 7 strings are not the best ones around really. they have really fat necks making it really hard to play that b string sometimes. and i dont think they make a OFR for any 7 strings, i've never seen one before so i might be wrong on that. you are better off getting a ibanez.
Quote by ticklemeasian
the schecter 7 strings are not the best ones around really. they have really fat necks making it really hard to play that b string sometimes. and i dont think they make a OFR for any 7 strings, i've never seen one before so i might be wrong on that. you are better off getting a ibanez.

My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
lol like i said i've never seen one so i might be wrong on that. but he really is better off getting a ibanez.
not really, for an ibanez 7 string even worth buying itd be about $1,200, which is 300 more than he'd spend on the Schecter, and the Schecter has real pickups, not some low budget Ibanez knock-offs

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by ticklemeasian

Quote by ticklemeasian
lol like i said i've never seen one so i might be wrong on that. but he really is better off getting a ibanez.

Opinion

Your opinions are really funny.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ACE IT UP
I'm interested in buying Schecter's new C-7 model with an original floyd rose and EMG 707s. I found a place that sells it a $100 cheaper than anywhere else but the site claims in thier specs that the tremelo is licensed, not original. Guitar owners know this is a big difference...

I was wondering if this could just very easily be a typo or do different versions of this guitar exist, thanks!

Here is the site with specs:
http://www.themadape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C-7_HellFR&click=1540
That price is indeed attractive, specially if you prefer it new; however, make sure you've auditioned it. Some people have difficulties transitioning from Fenders to Gibson LPs with '50s style neck ... and we're talking about 6 strings and 24-3/4" to 25-1/2" scale lengths.

As mentioned already, the HellRaiser C-7 has a beefier and wider neck with a 26.5" scale. It's a very nice-playing and solid guitar. Go for it if you like how it feels.

Have you considered Used? For that price you can get a close to mint MIJ Ibanez RG7620 with the LoPro bridge, the best, an opinion, plus 2 sets of PU upgrades. If you prefer Mahogany, the S7320 has lots of fans over at the 7-string thread.

Good Luck!

Quote by Metlhead443
not really, for an ibanez 7 string even worth buying itd be about $1,200, which is 300 more than he'd spend on the Schecter, and the Schecter has real pickups, not some low budget Ibanez knock-offs

That's complete BS. I got a used RG7620 for $380. Imo it beats any schecter. It even has a Lo-Pro 7 bridge which imo beats an OFR any day.
Quote by Pac_man0123
That's complete BS. I got a used RG7620 for $380. Imo it beats any schecter. It even has a Lo-Pro 7 bridge which imo beats an OFR any day.

im not counting used there captain obvious. and theres a famous saying for opinions...

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is all a opinion based thing a schecter fan boy would say get a schecter a dean fan boy would say get a dean and so on. but ibanez 7 string necks are better then the ones schecter has on their 7 strings unless you have really long fingers and a big hand the schecter 7 string necks are a bit too fat. i have a dean 7 string i hate the neck too fat it's hard to play the b string. i tried the schecter hellraiser 7 string and that was fatter then the dean neck so you could see where iam going there.
and the fake pick up thing is also a bunch of crap because that's like saying the gibson,dean, or any pick ups made by a guitar company is fake. the thing is not everything has to be emg,seymour duncan, or dimarzio to be real. some of the pick ups made by those companies dont even match up to some of the "fake" pick ups out there.
Uhm,the "Original floyd rose" on the hellraiser isn't actually a German made OFR,but a lower end Asian made model that's marketed as an original FR I believe.

*waits patiently for Schecter fans to get all pissy and upset*

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Uhm,the "Original floyd rose" on the hellraiser isn't actually a German made OFR,but a lower end Asian made model that's marketed as an original FR I believe.

*waits patiently for Schecter fans to get all pissy and upset*

I think that's the Ping FR on the 6 strings, same thing the new Charvels use. It's actually supposed to be almost as good as the real thing. I'm pretty sure the ESP/LTDs with "black chrome" hardware (specifically the trem) have these as well, the "real" OFR is only made in black, gold, and chrome.

The OFR7 is made by Schaller in Germany, there is no other version.

And as an Ibanez fan I will still say that the OFR is better than edge series, and Schecters are infinitely better deals in the 7-string world
Quote by JD Red LP
I think that's the Ping FR on the 6 strings, same thing the new Charvels use. It's actually supposed to be almost as good as the real thing. I'm pretty sure the ESP/LTDs with "black chrome" hardware (specifically the trem) have these as well, the "real" OFR is only made in black, gold, and chrome.

The OFR7 is made by Schaller in Germany, there is no other version.

And as an Ibanez fan I will still say that the OFR is better than edge series, and Schecters are infinitely better deals in the 7-string world

It might be the ping model (if I remember right the ping is the only Asian made model with the FR logo on it),which I personally think feels kind of cheap and shoddy compared to the german OFR.I have to disagree with you on the edge thing though,a properly set up original edge or edge pro feels and responds better than an OFR in my opinion.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Im pretty sure that it does come with an OFR7, solid and stable trem, nothing to worry about there. Ive played a few hellraisers with OFR 6 string variants and saw no issues there.

The neck profile is going to be a bit weird at first, schecter do tend to have larger necks than ibanez for example, but with enough playtime on one then you should be able to play just as well on that profile as any other.

The schecter will have a much fuller sound due to the neck through, longer scale, mahogany and generally greater mass.