I've been tremolo picking for a while, but recently my thumb has been hurting from it. I assume it's from the constant rubbing on the strings or something. Anyone else ever experience this? Any ideas how to prevent this in some way?
Maybe your pick is angled badly, or you arent showing enough 'meat' of your pick to pick the strings.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
Maybe your pick is angled badly, or you arent showing enough 'meat' of your pick to pick the strings.

I was thinking about that too, that maybe I just need to get a new pick that isn't chewed up as much. I haven't tried that yet. Might work. This is the first with this problem and I've been playing for about 6years. Thanks man.
Yeah, if you've been using the same pick for a while, it's probably a good idea to pick up some new ones.

And make sure that your picking motion is done solely by your wrist, not your fingers or your arm.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.