Right now I have an EHX Graphic Fuzz. It's a distortion with a 7 band EQ which can be used independently. I'm going to buy a SC-2 Valve Distortion, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the EQ on the Graphic Fuzz as a boost in live setting. Do you think that would work? Or should I throw down another $30 and get this?:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Wasabi-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=151909

I'm not totally sure if I'm using the word boost right... I basically want a volume increase for solos...
yep

:thu:

if you're not planning on using the fuzz at all you could put that EQ in the loop to further sculpt your tone.
Quote by Voltaire1
yep

:thu:

if you're not planning on using the fuzz at all you could put that EQ in the loop to further sculpt your tone.

But that's my problem. If I use the EQ as a boost, I can't use it to affect my tone. Think it's worth it to buy the Wasabi?
Quote by CuatroSD
But that's my problem. If I use the EQ as a boost, I can't use it to affect my tone. Think it's worth it to buy the Wasabi?

30 dollars, sure why not? they get a lot of praise.. they have a nifty clean boost feature and apparently can also get very thick and heavy.