I have a chance at getting a marshall half stack mg100hdfx and im kinda a noob at this stuff. I have a ltd f-250 with emg hz and i like metallica and play a lot of them. Do you think this is the right amp for me. and if not please suggest a amp cause i need help
A Randall solid state would do you much better, especially if you're a noob.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
USE THE FUCKING SEARCHBAR, YOU FUCKING NOOB!!

Sorry, I cracked because every single fucking day, these "should I buy an MG?" threads come up when just a little reading will tell you that no, you should not buy a motherfucking MG!

End rant.

TS, you can probably afford a Randall RG50TC if you're looking at MG stacks.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by LTD-F-250
around 400 to 500 and i could buy used i know i want a tube amp for sure

so why would you look at the MG? it has a grand total of zero tubes inside.

also, b-52/bugera makes a good, cheaper, high-gain amp, look for one used.

also, i know some peavey heads can get into that low of a budget.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Mar 22, 2009,
They didn't say you were a noob to amps, they said you were a noob to searching for existing information before asking a question

Oh wait, there was an amp noob statement in there involving the tubes...

Research and learn as much as you can about amplifiers.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
They didn't say you were a noob to amps, they said you were a noob to searching for existing information before asking a question

Oh wait, there was an amp noob statement in there involving the tubes...

Research and learn as much as you can about amplifiers.

this. dont even think about buying an amp until you do your research. would you buy a car/house without knowing anything about it?
dude this guys totally a troll, hes made 5 threads asking for a halfstack or whatever, it should be hammered into his brain that spiders and MG's are teh suck
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
dude this guys totally a troll, hes made 5 threads asking for a halfstack or whatever, it should be hammered into his brain that spiders and MG's are teh suck

TS -> SPIDERS AND MG'S ARE TEH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid name.

dont by a MG ever! if you are going solid state get a randall, if i was you i woudl save up for a nice tube amp though, you can get a decent tube amp for liek 500 used if you look around, i got my carvin mts for under 400 bucks used and i play alot of metallica and it sounds great
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Shinozoku
TS -> SPIDERS AND MG'S ARE TEH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

but for rizzles, dont you think its a bit odd that this one guy has constantly been asking questions about the most ridiculed thing on UG (low budget half stack, spider, MG)
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Seriously, this thread isn't going anywhere good.

*reported*
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
but for rizzles, dont you think its a bit odd that this one guy has constantly been asking questions about the most ridiculed thing on UG (low budget half stack, spider, MG)

I actually do not find it a bit odd. I know for many young guitarists, who have just started playing, this is quite the common mistake to make. when you see a legendary name (such as Marshall) on a higher wattage halfstack, you probably will cream yourself. you think "wow, all my idols use these amps, they must be amazing!". those first couple of months of playing, we do not recognize the price/wattage/quality ratio, so thinking that a big, loud, cheap amp is good. this being said, I do believe the lower wattage MG/spider III's (15 watts and below) are good practice/beginner amps. especially the MG, because once again you see the name "marshall" on your amp and think "this amp is great, I sound so good because of it!" which will inspire you to play longer and practice harder to get better.

I'm not doing a tl;dr. read the whole friggin' thing.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
I actually do not find it a bit odd. I know for many young guitarists, who have just started playing, this is quite the common mistake to make. when you see a legendary name (such as Marshall) on a higher wattage halfstack, you probably will cream yourself. you think "wow, all my idols use these amps, they must be amazing!". those first couple of months of playing, we do not recognize the price/wattage/quality ratio, so thinking that a big, loud, cheap amp is good. this being said, I do believe the lower wattage MG/spider III's (15 watts and below) are good practice/beginner amps. especially the MG, because once again you see the name "marshall" on your amp and think "this amp is great, I sound so good because of it!" which will inspire you to play longer and practice harder to get better.

AGREED.
this crap starting to be original as MTV's reality shows, I USED TO OWN AN MG AND BELIEVE ME THAT AMP SUCKED OUT LOUD! I HATED IT SO A COUPLE MONTHS AGO I DECIDED TO SELL IT...sadly I only got 190 bucks out of it too
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011