hey my friend is looking for that slash tone and he has a line 6 spider 3 and a squier bullet. what pedals setting should he use?
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by melton100
He's not gonna get anywhere near that tone with his current gear.

/thread

sorry bro
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
thats what i told him he insisted i posted it though

hahah its almost like a troll...

but nah just go for the clasic rock tone thats as close as hell get, dont scoop the mids.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
The warm, high, wailing sound is achieved—usually to perfection with a humbucker-equipped Les Paul, Explorer, Flying V, or, like Clapton, an SG—by flicking the pick-up switch straight up to the rhythm position, rolling the tone pot all the way down, and turning up a good high-gain amp, traditionally a Marshall.

Though not much of an effects user, Slash colors his tone these days with Velvet Revolver with a Jim Dunlop rack-mounted Crybaby wah controlled by a volume pedal, a noise reduction pedal, a compressor, a Yamaha SPX 900 multi-effects unit, a Boss DD-5 digital delay, a 10-band graphic equalizer, a Boss GE-7 graphic e.q. for solos, and a Dunlop Heil talk box.

Marshall produces a line of Slash amps—100 watt, tube heads wired for classic snarl with two pull knobs for channel switching and extra gain. On stage with Velvet Revolver he prefers a pig-pile of these, including a 50-watt head dedicated exclusively for the talk box. His main tones are generated by four straight-faced 4x12 cabinets, arranged in two stacks and filled with 70-watt Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. Each cabinet gets its own head. The top two run clean; the bottoms are for gnarlier tones.

According to the snakepit.org web site, Slash’s setting for his dirty tones are: presence, 7; bass, 7; midrange, 4.5; treble, 7; output master, 6; lead master, 10; input gain, 6.5. His clean tone settings run: presence, 0; bass, 9; midrange, 3; treble, 5 ½; output master, 10; lead master, 0; input gain, 4.
what does scooping mids mean...... im slightly a noob

Quote by Frusciante2323
what does scooping mids mean...... im slightly a noob

It means to lower them in an EQ. If your amp has a 3 band EQ (bass, mids, treble)
You just roll the mids down. It doesnt sound nice though.
=(
dont do it!
ha i was messing with me mids last night

i smell a troll...
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
To get a Slash Tone, you need a Les Paul from the 80's with Seymour Alnico II humbuckers and a Marshall stack. For added Slash tone, paint your guitar gold and wear a top hat. Even in the shower.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Quote by Frusciante2323
what the eff is a troll?

Some one who really wants to be noticed in online communities...

Troll make thread.
Troll make desperate attempts to keep thread alive.
Obvious troll is obvious.
so im attempting to keep it alive by asking what a troll is.... is that what youre getting at?

no, what we're getting at is the fact that we say "don't roll back the mids" and your only reply is "I was messing with me mids last night "

This thread isn't about your EQ, it's about helping your friend find a tone which has been mutually agreed upon that he cannot obtain with his current setup. Thus we answered your question and this thread should be left to wallow deep down into the archives of the EG Forum.
jeez im sorry..... i didnt know we were so serious around here..... i was just saying about my mids....

no one cares about your mids

We're not serious, we're just douchebags who hate being held up, for the most part.
Quote by Frusciante2323
ha i was messing with me mids last night

i don't know why, but i laughed at that
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Quote by Frusciante2323
hey my friend is looking for that slash tone and he has a line 6 spider 3 and a squier bullet. what pedals setting should he use?

Pedals, isn't what he should be looking for.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag