I need a cheap head for playing alternative/garage such as the white stripes, babyshambles and Kings of leon also dabbling in Muse and stuff.

My budget is around £200-250 and I have a fender Mustang and an epiphone les paul standard.

I have been looking at a Kustom Quad 100, a Fender Frontman 100h, a Laney LX120R and an Epiphone triggerman100.

Thank you.
The Epiphone sucks balls, the Kustom is OK but you could do better, I personally like the Frontman but everyone hates it and I have no experience with the Laney.

If it HAS to be between those four (i.e. you can't go used and you already have a cab to go with it which you absolutely can't sell), go with the Frontman and a Big Muff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
..... save up man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by shadow__666
The Epiphone sucks balls, the Kustom is OK but you could do better, I personally like the Frontman but everyone hates it and I have no experience with the Laney.

If it HAS to be between those four (i.e. you can't go used and you already have a cab to go with it which you absolutely can't sell), go with the Frontman and a Big Muff.

no.
worst suggestion i've heard in a while.

laney is the best out of those, but as the other users said, save up or go used.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by tona_107
no.
worst suggestion i've heard in a while.

laney is the best out of those, but as the other users said, save up or go used.

I gave my opinion as to what I think. And he'll need a Big Muff if he wants to play White Stripes stuff anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
What can you find used? Give us an idea. I'll search eBay for you in the meantime.
Quote by Cathbard
That'll be good. Wind down the volume on your guitar and you'll get clean, and it does a very Marshall-esque crunch sound. With a Big Muff, you can easily get White Stripes tones. Maybe even some Muse, although Matt uses a Zvex Fuzz Factory and a Diezel amp (both of which are ridiculously expensive). I don't know what Petey boy and his band of wankers use.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
I gave my opinion as to what I think. And he'll need a Big Muff if he wants to play White Stripes stuff anyway.

agreed.

i don't think we should be supporting these half assed amp choices even if they're the only things he has access to though. : p