View poll results: What Should I Do?
1.) Lie A Bit
4 15%
2.) Tell Him
18 69%
3.) Wait A Little Bit Then Tell Him
4 15%
Voters: 26.
My story is that about a year or two ago I was in this band, and then the drummer left. So about half a year later I got in with this new band, and we are playing a BOTB soon. About a month ago the drummer came back into the old band, and then quit again. One of my best friends was in that other band.

Now The Problem:
My friend is a singer and rhythm guitarist, but he's not that great at either, and we don't see eye to eye musically. I have been keeping from him that I'm in this other band because then he'll want to be in it, but when I tell him he can't, he's one of those guys that would get pissed and stop taling to me. But it's getting harder and harder to keep it from him, so I know that I will have to eventually tell him. He is still looking for a drummer for the old band because he stills want to actively be in a band.

So My Question For You UG:
What should I do? These are my options as I see them now.

1.) Tell my buddy I can't be in the other band because my schoolwork is going down the drain, then later tell him I found a new band, but we are playing at a school thing and he doesn't go to my school so it's unfortunate that he can't be in it which is true btw.

2.) Tell him straight up and hope that he doesn't get pissed.

3.) Go on like I am now, and once my main band gets more recognition (word?) around town, then break it to him.

It all rests on your shoulders UG. Guide me the right way.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Last edited by pengiunman at Mar 22, 2009,
just tell him you don't need a singer or rhythm guitarist
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Like the feedback, and I like the N Sync comment lol, but we have a Rhythm Guitarist and a Singer, and if he ever sees us he might be like WTF bro?
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cerberus7string
tell him ur in a N sync tribute band

win.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Tell him you're in a band and that its not up to you to choose who goes in the band, also, would you join your old band if you got a new drummer?
2.) Tell him straight up and hope that he doesn't get pissed. And even if he does get pissed, it's still not your problem, it's his.

But tell him he can be a roadie just to watch him explode anyway.
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Tell him you're in a band and that its not up to you to choose who goes in the band, also, would you join your old band if you got a new drummer?

Well I would, but all that we did at those practices was have band fights and watch videos on YouTube, so it was pretty stupid.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

It shouldn't be any concern of his if the band you two were in is no longer functional. If you're in his band AND some other band then he might have reason for concern, and only for the band; if he's going to get grumpy and butthurt because you joined another band without him, then he sounds pretty selfish.
Just till him that the old band wasn't workin out and you joined a new band.