Now I have to do this to give a venue for an upcoming show we have their, so they can use it for advertising..... i dont think this should be the bands ACTUAL set-in-stone biography that we will be using for our demo packages, i more or less look at this as directed for this one show..

here's what i have so far...

Hailing from the remains of expired local bands, Billy Stevens and Kyle Jones emerge from the ashes to form "RadioTow", the duo’s most recent musical exploration and Smithvilles soon-to-be hottest act. The band's upcoming studio LP, due to be released Summer 2009, is chalked full of songs that channel the pairs easily digested arrangements with clean singalongs to construct a record boiling over with uber-memorable tunes reminiscent of Three-Days Grace and Green Day.

and then i dont really know wher to go after this haha...
suggestions?
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
Horibble.
Just write about yourselfs lol .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
lol ok ok so make it more personal, less bigshot? sounds good
anyone else...?

EDIT: And BTW....

we ARE superheros....

l
Last edited by KYLE_2K at Mar 22, 2009,
Ok, mostly just don't say "Hailing from the remains" and don't say that your the next hottest act lol.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
lolk this is why i ask

because im an inexcusable moron

l
what do u mean NearDissent
all of what?

l
k what about this one

While playing in various local bands individually, Billy Stevens and Kyle Jones met and for years played side-by-side casually at various jams and practices. Finally after years of waiting, "RadioTow", the duo’s first major musical exploration emerge from the ashes and take to the Smithville music scene. The band's upcoming studio release, due to be released Summer 2009, is chalked full of songs that channel the pairs easily digested arrangements with clean singalongs to construct a record boiling over with uber-memorable tunes reminiscent of Three-Days Grace and Green Day.

any better?

l
you still have uber! lol
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
k...
final copy??

While playing in various local bands individually, Billy Stevens and Kyle Jones met and for years played side-by-side casually at various jams and practices. Finally after years of waiting, "RadioTow", the duo’s first major musical exploration emerge from the ashes and take to the Smithville music scene. The band's upcoming studio release, due to be released Summer 2009, is chalked full of songs that channel the pairs melodic arrangements with clean singalongs to construct a record packed with memorable tunes reminiscent of Three-Days Grace and Green Day.

better?

l
and is that good enough/long enough? i just wanna get it done and out and SHORT and SWEET

but do u think there is any more important information missing?

l
Quote by KYLE_2K
k...
final copy??

While playing in various local bands individually, Billy Stevens and Kyle Jones met and for years played side-by-side casually at various jams and practices. Finally after years of waiting, "RadioTow", the duo’s first major musical exploration emerge from the ashes and take to the Smithville music scene. The band's upcoming studio release, due to be released Summer 2009, is chalked full of songs that channel the pairs melodic arrangements with clean singalongs to construct a record packed with memorable tunes reminiscent of Three-Days Grace and Green Day.

better?

Yeah it sounds pretty good now
Let's be honest; I looked at that and thought 'yay, another crap kiddie punk band' (I'm using that phrase with worrying frequency lately!). Might be worng, but that's what I'd think having read it.

1) Ditch the whole 'came form local bands' thing at the beginning, it impresses no-one.
2) Also strip out the over-the-top adjectives and so forth - who exactly are you aiming this bio at?
3) Never ever use the words 'up and coming' or 'upcoming' in a band bio, ever. If you want to talk about a future release or project, 'forthcoming' sounds best.
4) Try and write a concise, solid description of your band's music, maybe with a few references to your influences and contemporaries.
5) If you need thicken your bio only do so with facts and achievements, not wild conjecture and adjectives. For example, you could talk about local radio play, comments from venue managers, etc.

RadioTow are a fresh,dynamic 2-piece band from Smithville, Buggerall County.

Members Kyle Jones (one-eyed bass) and Billy Stevens (vocals/pink piccolo) have several years' combined experience on the local circuits, but RadioTow is the duo's first collaborative project and promises to be 'one to watch' throughout 2009.
Their forthcoming LP, as yet untitled, draws on the pair's punk influences (Greenday, Three Days' Grace) and makes use of dual harmonies and catchy melodies to create an energetic, uncluttered sound...

That's my pretty poor quick attempt, but something along those lines will probably be an improvement.
You need to fill your bio with facts, not opinion.
Last edited by kyle62 at Mar 22, 2009,
trying a few takes on your suggestions kyle62...
heres what i did... updated a few things to make it a bit more accurate style-wise, so we dont mislead them with our sound... we arent REALLY punk at all
but anyhow

heres how it looks

Though members Kyle Jones (bass) and Billy Stevens (guitar/vocals) have several years' combined experience on the local music scene, “RadioTow” is the duo's first collaborative project and promises to be 'one to watch' throughout 2009.
Their forthcoming LP, as yet untitled, draws on the pair's alt-rock influences (Greenday, Three Days' Grace) bluesy undertones (SRV, Hendrix) melodic guitars and catchy melodies to create an energetic, uncluttered sound...

l
Kyle +1.

When people read your bio, they want:
-to get excited about you
-know what you sound like... at least sort of
-know why they should care (achievements, etc.)
-know what you're doing and/or want to do - your goals

One page. No more.

Have perfect spelling and grammar. As much as it is a hype piece, it is also a professional calling card. (especially bad was chalked full -> chock-full... but even then, sounds a bit dodgy. Makes it sound like a can of caramel corn or something....)

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Kyle2K - yes, MUCH better.

You need a comma between bluesy undertones and melodic guitars.

No need for quotes around your name. Bold it, though, to make it stand out.

Include what the band does and wants to do.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Last edited by axemanchris at Mar 22, 2009,
I never said it was bad...it's amazing...but it's hard to believe your writing about yourselves. Use this on a press release, but for a MySpace? lol
Here's ours, for sake of example....

First up... *very* short run down of what we're about... also kind of explains the point of the name. (our experience says that a lot of people somehow need this explained... "you spelled 'hear' wrong... " ) People want this in the intro because they might not want to read the whole bio. Also, for promotional purposes, they often want a little ready-made blurb they can provide for media.

Now is the time. Here is the place. This is the infectiously melodic hard rock band you've been waiting to hear. In an age of sludgy power chords, Now-Here-This represents a needed breath of fresh air, where melody, lyrics, and song-writing are just as important as loud guitars and a solid rhythm section.

Next up.... why you should care about us... some accolades and achievements....

Described as "a rock group with substance" by lead entertainment critic Alex Reynolds of CHTV (Global CanWest Network), Now-Here-This has gained media attention from campus radio, print media, community television, and Hamilton's classic rock giant, Y108. This exposure has helped build a strong local reputation, with live experiences ranging from main stage appearances at major festivals, to both headlining and support status on shows at the Westside Concert Theatre, to being asked to open for recording acts such as Helix, 54-40, Dave Rave, and Saga. Along the way, they have gained accolades from members of some of Canada's most respected bands - Chilliwack, The Forgotten Rebels and Helix to name a few.

What we're doing now and how we got here....

Delighted with the response to their first self-titled album, this Hamilton, ON. band has been working on their long-awaited follow-up. With the departure of an original guitar player, who also contributed to the writing of the first album, guitarist Ken Leboeuf was brought in to fill both roles. He has added a heavier guitar sound and a more technical presence to support the rhythm section of Dave Langerak (drums) and Mark Fenton (bass) that has given the band a heavier and more cohesive sound overall. Between him and vocalist/guitarist Chris Tondreau, writing for the new album is well on its way towards completion. Though the new material has a greater textural range than ever before (but still defying easy description), the focus has remained unchanged from the beginning.

Our goals...

"First and foremost, we wanted to release an album where songwriting came first," says Tondreau. "We wanted those songs to have some lyrical substance (well... most of them....) and to be so insidiously catchy that they stick to you after only one or two listens, where the average person can sing along with the choruses before the song is even over. "

"We think that we've achieved that. We wanted the musicianship to be solid, but not the focus of the album. The solos are crafted to add a very purposeful sense of melody to each song rather than just wanking to fill space."

.... and finally, a conclusion.... very short, and ties it all together.

With this new album in the works, Now-Here-This is determined to continue to take charge of that space in your head that won't stop playing back their tunes, even after just a single listen. Now…HEAR this!

CT

Just a quick re-write of your first few lines as an example of how to differ your bio for giving to an agent.
Whereas a venue promoter might look for a cirtain amount of pizzaz and flair, an agent looks for professionalism.

While gaining experience in various bands individually, Billy Stevens and Kyle Jones met and after hardly any time at all, became a well liked, regular feature at jam sessions. After spending time to perfect their sound, they named the act "RadioTow"....

Read chris's bio ^ it's a really good example of a nice mixture of professionalism and showbiz that will look equaly impressive to both promoters and agents alike.
Quote by KYLE_2K
Trying a few takes on your suggestions kyle62...
heres what i did... updated a few things to make it a bit more accurate style-wise, so we dont mislead them with our sound... we arent REALLY punk at all
but anyhow
Miles better. If you don't want to be labelled as a specific style you need to quote varying influences. And 'punk' was only I guess, as you can see I took a bit of liberty with the facts (pink piccolo ftw )

Quote by SlackerBabbath
it's a really good example of a nice mixture of professionalism and showbiz that will look equaly impressive to both promoters and agents alike.
The ozz-man is right on the money. Get that balance right and most of the work's done for you. Axemanchris' bio is a decent example, it gets in the facts and puts the band in a positve light, without autofellating or coming across as arrogant. The main problem with your first draft is that it sounded like an over-the-top bit of fun for your mates - a venue would see that as a sign of immaturity.
Try having a look at lots of different band bios on the web, there's nothing wrong with wholesale stealing of someone else's writing style, as long as it's done well.

Best of luck!
Quote by kyle62
autofellating

CT

hahahah
awesome stuff guys, thanks for all the help... ill let you know what happens....
although i might have to steal SlackerBabbath's rewrite.....

l