So last night i had a kind of broken sleep, mainly due to the fact that i had some absolutely terrifying dreams, i had been drinking on friday night but had a full nights sleep between then and Saturday night, and i was completely sober Saturday night (which was yesterday).

I remember bits and pieces of it, one part that stood out was the first one that woke me up, before i went to sleep, i had left my guitar on my computer chair, it was stood up straight and the chair was facing away from me, so i could only see the top of the headstock, anyway, in my dream i was in my room asleep like i was, then in the darkness i could see a kind of tentacle thing creeping over the back of the chair, i couldn't make it out clearly but i could just see these black slimy tentacles moving over the back of my chair shining in the moonlight, then i woke up with a scream, turned the light on, saw that it was my guitar headstock and where i thought it was tentacles creeping over the chair it was actually just where the strings hadn't been trimmed, i checked the clock and it was about 4am i think.

The next dream started out with relatively unremarkable things, things like missing my train, turning up late for things, and a few other things that i can't remember but it was pretty much like having a very bad day, but one part that sticks out in my mind is when the dream was getting a little more scary was a dog growling at me, it was literally inches from my face growling at me, so i ran from it, i ran out onto the street, by that time i think the dog was gone but then a car was heading straight for me and just as it was about to hit me i woke up again, this time at about 7.30am.

I went back to sleep after that and i don't think any more scary things happened after that, but i have a feeling that this might have something to do with my waking life, lately i have been feeling good about things but have had alot on my mind too, there is an underlying feeling of emptiness regarding certain issues, even though life is looking to get better than it has been of late, it seemed in the dreams, things were normal, there were no mountains of fire or giant flying fish chasing me and you could even say it was pleasant, but there was still a sense of greif on some level leading up to when something traumatic happened.

So what do you think, does our waking life affect our dreams? have you had any freaky dreams lately?

TL;DR-i've been having some ****ed up dreams and it got me wondering wether our waking life affects our dreams etc. and do you have any freaky dreams to share?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Mar 22, 2009,
It's been proven that it doesn't. I think. At least, not much. Dreams are random images thrown up by your brain while you sleep.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
It's been proven that it doesn't. I think. At least, not much. Dreams are random images thrown up by your brain while you sleep.

Nothing has been proven, there are tons of theories on why we sleep and the meanings (or lack of meaning) of dreams.
Quote by Mr.hurricane
cool story bro

Thanks, brah.
WHOMP

Quote by RU Experienced?
Nothing has been proven, there are tons of theories on why we sleep and the meanings (or lack of meaning) of dreams.

yes.
███████████████████████████████████
Apparently... Dogs are not good to see in your dreams, if you see a dog in your dreams it's meant to suggest misfortune or something, and if was growling at you? Let me know how things work out for you eh? Sleep tight haha
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen
If I have something on my mind all day, or a certain girl on my mind all day, my dream that night is often about her. Or if I'm really nervous about something the next day, I might dream about that.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by lee 31392
Apparently... Dogs are not good to see in your dreams, if you see a dog in your dreams it's meant to suggest misfortune or something, and if was growling at you? Let me know how things work out for you eh? Sleep tight haha

I think if you see a happy dog its meant to be good, but if its growling at you then it means you are at conflict with yourself.
WHOMP

some psychologists think that dreams are reflections of our daily lives, and help us to remember things that happened during the day, so yes in this theory, dreams are influenced by our lives.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 22, 2009,
Maybe you saw a dog earlier and it came up in your dream? I'm not sure but I think dreams USUALLY, not always, have some coorelation with what you see or do while you're awake.
Quote by RU Experienced?

this too
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last night, I dreamed about sniping a car wheel, raving, dressing up as some indian guy to steal motor oil, balloons, being a vampire (a real one, not like twilight status), owning a huge cotton farm, being with my ex, and trying to shoot a golf ball.
I slept for a full 12 and a half hours
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I once dreamt about being at a beach and then suddenly this ginormous wave lands on me and I appear inside a white house, white floor, white ceiling, white walls, white doors.
I tried to get out of said house and find a door, I open said door and there was a blue room. I kept going through rooms until I ended up back in the white room, but this time there was a black thing in the middle of the room then as it takes shape the walls turn red and the thing attacks me and eats my legs then it headsmashes me and I start seeing all these weird and creepy photos and I see that in one of them there is a boy crying, he then turns around and screams and then I wake up all scared.

Also in this other nightmare I was at a clinic and they are taking my blood and after a while when they come with the results the say I was abducted. Then my whole body starts shaking in real life and I see black figures hovering above me. Suddenly I wake up like if I just hadan epilepsy.

tl;dr: I have creepy dreams
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
I once dreamt about being at a beach and then suddenly this ginormous wave lands on me and I appear inside a white house, white floor, white ceiling, white walls, white doors.
I tried to get out of said house and find a door, I open said door and there was a blue room. I kept going through rooms until I ended up back in the white room, but this time there was a black thing in the middle of the room then as it takes shape the walls turn red and the thing attacks me and eats my legs then it headsmashes me and I start seeing all these weird and creepy photos and I see that in one of them there is a boy crying, he then turns around and screams and then I wake up all scared.

Also in this other nightmare I was at a clinic and they are taking my blood and after a while when they come with the results the say I was abducted. Then my whole body starts shaking in real life and I see black figures hovering above me. Suddenly I wake up like if I just hadan epilepsy.

tl;dr: I have creepy dreams

Thats seriously ****ed up.
WHOMP