Hey this is my first post anyway im looking to get a new guitar and i have about £700 to spend on one the thing is i dont have a clue what makes a good guitar. idealy i want something like an Ibanez, Shecter or an ESP because i like to play fast more than anything and ive heard there the best "Shred Guitars". If you cant suggest a guitar to buy could you give me some tips on what would make a decent enough shred style guitar.
Now I'm not sure how much these guitars are over in Europe but here are some good ones.
ESP LTD MH-401
Schecter Hellraiser C-1

Both of those guitars come in NT and FR Versions. The ESP one has an option for a LFR while the schecter one has an option for an OFR. Both should be similar in price.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
You can get any kind of guitar from those 3 manufacturers, they make good guitars in general. Since you want to shred make sure it has low-action, slim neck & a deep cutaway so you can access the higher frets.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Quote by MattyW
Hey this is my first post anyway im looking to get a new guitar and i have about £700 to spend on one the thing is i dont have a clue what makes a good guitar. idealy i want something like an Ibanez, Shecter or an ESP because i like to play fast more than anything and ive heard there the best "Shred Guitars". If you cant suggest a guitar to buy could you give me some tips on what would make a decent enough shred style guitar.

If you don't know what you want from a guitar hold off on buying a new one.
Quote by Pac_man0123
First i think you should sell that MG250DFX
Fair enough, im also no good with amps, I havent played on anything other than a Micro-Cube and a Line 6 Spider 3...I dont get out much but I would say I have up to £250 for a new Amp care to point me in the right direction?
Quote by MattyW
Fair enough, im also no good with amps, I havent played on anything other than a Micro-Cube and a Line 6 Spider 3...I dont get out much but I would say I have up to £250 for a new Amp care to point me in the right direction?

Probably a Roland Cube 30x or Peavey Vypyr 30
It's all preference. Yngwie Malmsteen shredded on a Strat. Plenty of people shred on Jacksons and Ibanez's. I shred on my Ibanez, but the action is really high for an Ibanez guitar. I prefer higher action.

I would look into an RG Prestige like this one
http://www.dv247.com/invt/34801/

It has great fret access. A thin neck and a flat fretboard. I also like the tone of Basswood for shredding.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's all preference. Yngwie Malmsteen shredded on a Strat. Plenty of people shred on Jacksons and Ibanez's. I shred on my Ibanez, but the action is really high for an Ibanez guitar. I prefer higher action.

Well of course then Yngwie's got a rather different style and tone than most shredders. You can't really use an exception to counter a whole group.