For the past few weeks I have been searching to buy my first real synthesizer. I currently have the Yamaha PSR-E403, which is just.... meh. I'm considering the Xiosynth 25 Key model. Although I've heard that it has alot of trance/dance presets... I figure that i could just make my own to get the dark and glitchy sounds, right?

Do you guys think its a good beginning synth?

Thanks
Depends, what will you be using this for, live performance or for home recordings?
For live use 25 keys will NOT cut it at all unless it's not going to be used extensively. for home use it does have a usb out (which also lets you download patches from other users on the internet)

you can program it to do a plethora of sounds, just.. not as high quality as something else, it is an entry level piece after all.

I think you don't know what you're doing : )

Ha, do you have a DAW for home recording? do you know how to set it up for midi in and outs?
Haha, like I said, i'm just starting out with synths.

I currently have Sony Acid, which I've been using for about 7 months now.
And yes, I do know how to use the MIDI ports.

Also, i don't think I would be using this live THAT much. We just got a keyboardist and he has a synth and a regular keyboard, unfortunatly i can't remember which kinds they were :\

But this is probably just something more for me anyways.
Quote by cuberonix
Haha, like I said, i'm just starting out with synths.

I currently have Sony Acid, which I've been using for about 7 months now.
And yes, I do know how to use the MIDI ports.

Also, i don't think I would be using this live THAT much. We just got a keyboardist and he has a synth and a regular keyboard, unfortunatly i can't remember which kinds they were :\

But this is probably just something more for me anyways.

if this is strictly for home use.. I suggest skipping over getting a hardware synth altogether and invest in some good Softsynths (VSTs) for Acid. I guarantee you'll be more happy that way.

for a controller on your home system you can use any digital keyboard with midi outs and a 20 dollar usb midi interface.