I use a Korg AX5G guitar effects pedal on my bass and i always have it set on the acoustic sim. It boosts the low end of my sound without clipping. Its pretty much the best advice i can give to anyone looking to boost their low end.
I play thorugh a 200 W guitar amp with the bass knob at 10 and everything else except volume at 1.
Anyway, my question is
Does anydody else do this?
lol
i doubt it.

and dont use your guitar amp anymore, a bass guitar will damage the speakers after a period of time, especially if you are boosting the low end.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
no, i use a bass and a bass amp but maybe that's just me being weird
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Mar 22, 2009,
TS, please take heed of the last two posts. Your on the fast track to having a pile of ash instead of a guitar amp.

Why do all these people think that using guitar stuff on a bass is so innovative?
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
because it's beyond the normal comprehension of bass players to use effects
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
because it's beyond the normal comprehension of bass players to use effects

They make effects pedals for bass?

LOL WUT
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
They make effects pedals for bass?

LOL WUT

effects for bass????????

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
If only this were a joke...i really believe that the musically oriented public, at large, is unaware that you can get a full pedal board designed just for bass. Then you have to narrow out the assholes who ask why a bass player would need such a thing.

CWL, the best way to boost the low end of your tone is to use equipment thats designed for your instrument - a guitar amp almost literally circumsizes your low end, and tonal diversity is about as probable as ethnic diversity in North Korea.
Quote by thefitz
Quote by cwl
I use a Korg AX5G guitar effects pedal on my bass and i always have it set on the acoustic sim. It boosts the low end of my sound without clipping. Its pretty much the best advice i can give to anyone looking to boost their low end.
I play thorugh a 200 W guitar amp with the bass knob at 10 and everything else except volume at 1.
Anyway, my question is
Does anydody else do this?
lol

You know, if you're trying to destroy your amp and this method hasn't worked you might want to try a hammer or hiring a bear.

No one else does this; this is because guitar cabinets are not designed to handle the low frequencies. If you want to play bass use a bass amp.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.