I need an amp that takes pedals very well and has great cleans. I don;t need a good Dist. channel because I can achieve that with pedals. BUT, if it does have a good dist. channel, that would be very helpful as well. I just need great cleans. I'd prefer a head, but I'll take any suggestions. I was looking at a Peavey Windsor, is this right for me.

I'm looking in the $0-$500 price range.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I wouldn't go for a Windsor. For $500 you can pick up a used Silverface Fender Bassman, that's probably your best option.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Used Carvin X100B head.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Ok thanks for the suggestions. My current amp blows penis with cleans and dist. Obviously, if I use a good pedal on the clean channel, I could achieve a metal tone, correct?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
yeah look for a used Carvin mts or x100b something like that, i got my carvin mts 3212 combo for under 400 bucks and its all tube baby! the clean channel rocks and the dirty channel is not bad, takes pedals very well, i recommend putting a mxr 10 band eq in the effects loop though just to tweak the eq better
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
amp distortion > pedal distortion, look at amps with good distortion onboard
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
amp distortion > pedal distortion, look at amps with good distortion onboard

I know this. I know this very well, but the reason I'm not looking for that is because I don;t want to shell out that kind of cash for an amp with both
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
^i know what your saying, but unless cleans are more important than distortion, this isnt the best route, especially if your pedals are sucky
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Based on your username and the distortion pedal in your sig, I think that the clean amp + pedals route is probably your worst option.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^yay im not alone
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
For the same budget you have you CAN get something that will work for both cleans and distortion well.

Mesa F-30 sounds nice, maybe even a B-52.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Roland JC120

Throw a chorus and compressor on it, and you have 90% of bands cleans in the 80's and 90's and some even now.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Yeah, the WEapon is actually a REALLY good ditortion pedal. I can guarnatee you half of you haven't used it. It is discontinued.
Also, I grew out of Disturbed and am into different typed of music now. I still LOVE their guitarist though...
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
you dont get it, digitech is a mass production company, there isnt ONE pedal made by companies like digitech that will match up to a good amp distortion, not saying that all pedals suck, but i mean really...
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
I told you I know that amp distortion is good. I'm willing to sacrifice some tone for an extra $500.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
get a used 5150, can be found for 500 bucks, great distortion
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
^ He wants cleans more than distortion. You can't get cleans out of a 5150 without spending a lot of time fiddling with it.

TS, if you can't find a used Mesa DC-3/F-30 or anything with good cleans and metal distortion, have you considered something like a Traynor YCV40, which has good cleans and abour hard rock distortion, and rather than using your Weapon (which is a decent but not brilliant distortion pedal) using an overdrive pedal to boost it into metal territory?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
yeah go for a vintage bassman, theyll run you $500 at the most on ebay for a good one, you can get anywhere from 50-135 watts all tube