I recently got a picked up a pre owned guitar and was cleaning it when i realised that it needed new strings badly. i have herd ernie ball strings and d'dario strings are good but im wondering which are the best or if there are any others that i should consider putting on.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
strings are strings are strings.

I use www.webstrings.com

they're inexpensive and i've heard this from a few sources--they're just rebranded d'darios

if the tension on the guitar is good, and the string height is OKAY.. try to get strings that match the gauge unless you want to have tension issues and strings being a foot off the fretboard... it can easily be fixed with a truss rod adjustment, but something tells me you don't know how to do that.
Last edited by Voltaire1 at Mar 22, 2009,
"Best strings" is subjective. A friend of mine swears by Ernie Ball's, I can't stand them. I love DR's, but my uncle won't use anything but D'D's. Really, just buy a few packs and try them out. You'll figure out from there.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I love Elixir strings. The Anti-Rust coating keeps them clean and smooths for weeks and the tone is godly. Shame about the steep price tag.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Mar 22, 2009,
no i dont no how to adjust the truss rod as ive only been playing a short while so excuse my noobiness if u can. im wondering, is there any strings that are other colours like red or green or somthing.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Quote by Drift king77
no i dont no how to adjust the truss rod as ive only been playing a short while so excuse my noobiness if u can. im wondering, is there any strings that are other colours like red or green or somthing.

DR.. but they're five dollars more expensive than any other string for no reason other than they're colored.

you don't even notice the coloring from a distance... they are a pointless waste of money.
awsome lol...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Quote by Voltaire1
DR.. but they're five dollars more expensive than any other string for no reason other than they're colored.

you don't even notice the coloring from a distance... they are a pointless waste of money.

The most expensive string I know of are the new Ernie Ball coated strings for $15.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
will the color wear off with eccessive playing. i mite be a noob but i play alot.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by shavorules42
Not really.
Quote by benjy118
The most expensive string I know of are the new Ernie Ball coated strings for $15.

O.o
The ones I looked at were only $10. That was on musician's friend, but then again I've heard there isn't too much of a difference between the new and the old ones. I'd still like to get em a try though.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-3127-Coated-Electric-Beefy-Slinky-Strings?sku=108511
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Just buy whichever you fancy and decide what you like.

There's no 'best' string. I use D'Addario, Thomastik, Optima Gold, GHS Nickel Rockers all depending what I feel like. Not Ernie Ball though. I've had nothing but trouble with them, they're crap.
It really varies form person to person. I've had nothing but good experiences with EB strings, so I'd really buy a few and find which ones you like.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
i like ernie ball and D'addario, but i use DR they get some awesome treble and bass response and they last longer than any other string imo
I like Ernie Ball Slinky Top/Heavy Bottoms, but that's just me...

just get a pack of DR's, D'addarios, Ernie Balls, or Elixirs...all tried and true...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!