Hey guys,
i have been playing guitar for a while and have pretty much learned the basic chords, and know the power chord
i was wondering what chords should i learn, that can be used like the power chord, all around the neck?

if it helps my style is indie/ experimental
I would recommend trying to learn major, minor, and dominant 7th Barre Chords . Once you learn them you should be able to play just about any song you run across since barre chords can be moved around much like power chords.

After you learn and get pretty good at barre chords (or if you like music theory), I would recommend that you learn about chord construction, so you can more easily create chords shapes for any odd chords you might run across.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
powerchords are the only ones that can be used anywhere (well, most anywhere)
the other chord's positions depend on what scale your playing in.

There's just different voicings... I can play the CM chord 3 different places... doesn't mean I'm in a different scale, I'm just using different octaves.

I suggest you learn basic music theory (chord construction) and understand that, then you can make chords rather then "learn" them.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
A chord is not a shape, a chord is a group of notes that fit together harmonically...that being the case you can play any chord anywhere those notes occur. You need to know the notes on the fretboard to do that though so maybe learning them should be your next step.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
A chord is not a shape, a chord is a group of notes that fit together harmonically...that being the case you can play any chord anywhere those notes occur. You need to know the notes on the fretboard to do that though so maybe learning them should be your next step.

This. When you know where all the notes on the fretboard are, you'll be able to know how to play a certain chord depending on the type of music you are playing. For example, you can play E Major like this:

Sometimes playing it that way won't sound right if you're playing with other people who are playing it a different way:

Both are E Major, yet they sound quite different.