yeah so I found a Sears and Roebuck amp at a pawn shop for 10 bucks so I bought Has anybody ever seen one before for one thing and another thing is does anyone know where I can find out the date for the serial numbers? I tried their website. It looks like its from the early 70's so Imma keep it as a souvenir
Sears used to own silvertone didnt they?
it's probably one of those
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
can you put up a picture of the thing... I'm just curious to what it looks like... don't know anything about it. does the thing still work?
That thing probably has a delightfully crappy tone. Jack White probably envies you. Nice find!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Pics and clipz needed! Great find!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Great find. If you don't like it, just sell it to me and make a profit - I'd buy one for $50 plus shipping to New Zealand.

Didn't Jack White use one for some recordings?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Jack uses the Silvertone 6X10 combo amps live and I think recording. He might just use his Twin Reverbs to record. Great amps though, sounds like ripping cardboard.
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
well thanks everyone , my camera is broken right now but If you can tell me how to upload from my phone I'll post em. And yeah it works perfectly fine it actualy looks brand new from the front but the stickers in the back give away the age. Its a 200g model with only a volume, tone, and get this tremolo knob. and yeah the tone is pretty ****ty but when I put my keeley ds-1 through it,it sounds like a zeppelin type distorted tone.
Looks pretty sweet, it would suit some of the stuff I play, very messy, crappy-sounding blues. That's why I use my MG30DFX all the time. I can get some pretty dirty-fuzz tones out of it!

I also have a lack of a better amp... Shh... Nobody heard this...
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Try and find a model number. If it's a 1484 or 1485, then it's a madly envied amp. The 1483 is also demanded but not to the same extent. None of the other models really have any significant following or demand.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM