im not looking to speand a ton because im not sure how much i'd use the floyd, so im thinking under $350. i know the group-think around here is that edge 3s are bad, so i'll probably avoid ibanez. what about jackson and esp? i saw some in the price range. for the price range im looking at, which (in general) do you think would be the better deal? which companys floyd is better for that range? also, i see alot of esp's have extra jumbo frets, what are the pros and cons of those? (i have an ibanez with jumbos now and like it). ive heard some people complain about jacksons "curved neck" or something like that, what are they talking about? i would just go to gc and play some but they dont have those when i went. thanks
GC never has the arms in the floyds. nor do they stock ESP.

Edge III trems are complete crap, and for under $350, the best you can do is a Licensed Floyd Rose, which isn't worth the time. Either save for a Schecter with an OFR, or just go fixed-bridge.
my best advice is to make you know what you getting into in terms of changing strings, tuning on a floating bridge, ive had my edge pro blocked, and i now wish i got a hard tail guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']GC never has the arms in the floyds. nor do they stock ESP.

Edge III trems are complete crap, and for under $350, the best you can do is a Licensed Floyd Rose, which isn't worth the time. Either save for a Schecter with an OFR, or just go fixed-bridge.

Show em you know how to play, then ask 'em for a bar... worked for me a few hours ago
Quote by Killedelphia19
Show em you know how to play, then ask 'em for a bar... worked for me a few hours ago

Lucky you. The guys at your GC probably aren't complete douchebags.
I've seen lots of people complaining about the Floyd Rose and how much trouble they are but I've owned an ESP LTD KH-602 with an original floyd on it for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. At first you have to get used to it when changing strings but once you get it it's like any other guitar.

The only problem could be the budget. You'll have trouble finding a guitar at that price with an original rose on it, possibly a used one. I haven't had much experience with a licensed Floyd Rose so I can't really comment on them.

If you think your not going to use it then don't bother with it and maybe just get a decent fixed bridge guitar.
Any floyd rose in that price range will probably not be much better than an Edge 3. Look for a used, pre-prestige era ibanez with an original edge or lo-pro edge. I got my RG7620 with a lo-pro edge for $380.

Jackson guitars have a neck radius which gets flatter as you go higher up the neck. It's supposed to make chords easier and playing fast up high easy at the same time. I haven't heard anyone really complain about it.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Any floyd rose in that price range will probably not be much better than an Edge 3.

+1, that's the problem. either spend more money, or try to get lucky used.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would say Schecter sunset Deluxe. They have a licensed floyds and are on sale for $250 at musicansfriend