O.k, so I lost my Ipod a while back, and at first, I was going to get a new one, but then I saw that the mp3 players were much cheaper, so Im probably going to save up my money for one of those.

First of all, can MP3 players play songs bought off Itunes? If not, then I'm probably just gonna have to go for the Ipod.

So anyway, does anyone have any recommendations (SP?) on MP3 players?

I'd prefer one that charges via computer or anything thats not battery powered (unless it lasts really long on one small battery)

an Mp3 player that holds around 350 songs, give or take, is good enough for me. I don't need 50 billion songs on it at one time.

And I want something that's pretty durable, not one of those tiny, sissy MP3 players that break when you sneeze on them.

so, suggestions?

(i couldn't find the answers I want with the searchbar)

Edit: price range is around 50-80 Monies. (dollars)

Double Edit: Im guessing there is no really good MP3 player under 50$, but if there is, let me know!
Last edited by StopReadingThis at Mar 22, 2009,
I don't have much experience with them but I have a Sansa Clip 2G and it's amazing.

Good sound quality, holds 300+ songs (they have a 4G one too) and I've had it for two years almost and it hasn't broken on me yet.

I don't puss around with it either; it gets thrown around, tossed in my pocket with my keys, dropped, left in the car overnight in cold weather, etc.

Still hasn't crapped out on me and doesn't show any signs of doing so.

EDIT: PIC:

EDIT: That's not mine, that's from Google, but my mine looks just like that (plus a few minor scratches from it's rough treatment.)
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Mar 22, 2009,
iPod and iTunes were designed to make it difficult to move to another player.

If your iTunes purchased music is DRM'd then I don't think they can be played on anything that wasn't made by Apple.

You could however torrent or rapidshare that music, which I believe would be perfectly legal in this situation since you have purchased it.

There are probably other ways to strip DRM from aac files.

I would reccomend you look at the Sansa Fuze or something by Cowon like the D2 or S9. These players are reputed for stunning audio quality.

edit: further to dudetheman's post, there's now an 8GB version of the Sansa clip.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Mar 22, 2009,
Ipods are the only thing that plays downloaded songs off itunes im pretty sure..there protected AAC like so ull have to stick with the ipod
Quote by Daire
Ipods are the only thing that plays downloaded songs off itunes im pretty sure..there protected AAC like so ull have to stick with the ipod

You can rip the AAC protection from them I think.

Or if not that he should LEGALLY be able to torrent all his music.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i have an 8GB Iriver E100 and its pretty cool. im not sure if itll play itunes stuff, but the bloke at the shop said it probably could. i dont have itunes btw, so im not really sure
it cost about $150 AUD which is a bit out of the range, but its a great player
you could maybe try looking on ebay? esp. after xmas or other holidays like that, because theres tonnes of unwanted gifts that go heaps cheap afterwards
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
CREATIVE ZENS PLAY ITUNES MUSIC LEGALLY

and its amazing

The only Zen I ever had crapped out on me.

My cousin also bought one and his PC wouldn't recognize it.

I got rid of mine and bought a Sansa; I've been happy since.

My cousin bought an iPod; I can't say the same for him.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Yes, Zen has minor tech problems, but once I reset mine once, I have not had a problem since. SOund quality is good too. I reccomend the the Normal Zen 4 or 8GB. The fpur is only 85 bucks.

If mine craps out on me, I want to buy a Sansa Fuze
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
The reason why the Sansa Fuze pwns the creative players is the vastly superior memory card support, and for those that care the Fuze supports Vorbis and flac now, and has a good chance of being rockbox'd in the near future.
I don't know if anyone has said it, but you can burn the ITunes songs to a CD and rip them back to the computer and they'll work with any other media player software. There's probably a better way to do it, but that way works.
Quote by freedoms_stain
The reason why the Sansa Fuze pwns the creative players is the vastly superior memory card support, and for those that care the Fuze supports Vorbis and flac now, and has a good chance of being rockbox'd in the near future.

Damn straight Sansa Fuze FTW, audio quality is also superior to the Zen and the iPod.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Cheesemaster
you can get a media file converter to convert the itunes songs into mp3 format

This

Then get a Sony NWZ-A729
Perfectly useable. Does everything I want it to.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Christ - I wouldn't be taking legal advice from this forum. I've seen NO precedent that says that if you buy something from iTunes you are then free to download it carte blance from the Internet. If any has any proof of this whatsoever, please pipe up.

As werty22 said, you can circumvent the protection by burning to audio CD and re-ripping. There are probably tools that will just rip the encryption too. Both methods are shakey ground legally as you're intentionally circumventing their DRM, but if you burn to CD and re-rip you're probably in better shape.

Apple lets you upgrade certain tracks to DRM-free content too, I believe.

Also keep in mind that there are AAC tracks with DRM (.m4p) that comes from iTunes Music Store, and there are AAC tracks without DRM (.m4a) that are ones that you ripped into AAC. The .m4a files will play on other devices that support AAC. The .m4p ones will not.
I like my iAudio 7. It's all the features you'd want, but is still very small. The best thing about it is probably the LONG battery time, about 60 hours. Sounds great too. Reliable? Yeah, no problems so far (have had it in a year now, and before that I had another iAudio). Plus it's got some great reviews, even better than iPod.
Last edited by VikingMetalhead at Mar 23, 2009,