Page 1 of 2
I need some new music. Haha, im just always listening to the same stuff. I need some new stuff. I have a couple of cd's of the bands I like but i need some variety... of the same genre.

I figured the best way would be to ask UG about some bands. And i'll buy a cd soon.

I didn't know where to put this but i guess modern rock fits best. Im wanting modern rockish- light metal/hard rock

My definitions of both

Modern: Three Days Grace. Newest seether cd. Anberlin. Pearl Jam, stuff like that.

Harder rock/ light metal: Latest 2 A7X cd's. Older Seether. Enter Sandman ( i know its a song, but still that kind of metal thats not screamo crap and stuff).

Those are just some ideas.

I don't want something with explicit content. I mean if its like avenged sevenfold or seether and one or two songs swears a little I guess thats fine. But for the most part, clean stuff. I'd like no advisory sticker on teh front

So any ideas for some good bands like that?
get ashes against the grain by agalloch
here's a song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzoyPfPKO4
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 22, 2009,
No explicit content?

Is your mom watching you on the computer?

No, but in all seriousness, listen to some Nirvana. Or Sonic Youth, or Soundgarden, or Alice in Chains.

I'm pretty sure that'll please you.
Velvet Revolver?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Cannibal Corpse would be a good clean alternative for the dirty music that is out there in this horribly decrepit nation.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I was going to recommend Coheed but you somehow don't seem......worthy.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by Karvid
Cannibal Corpse would be a good clean alternative for the dirty music that is out there in this horribly decrepit nation.

oh yes, great christian rock band
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
oh yes, great christian rock band

You're confusing traditional gospel with Christian rock.

Edit: also, check out the band Complete. Quality heavy metal.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by crazy8rgood
No explicit content?

Is your mom watching you on the computer?

No, but in all seriousness, listen to some Nirvana. Or Sonic Youth, or Soundgarden, or Alice in Chains.

I'm pretty sure that'll please you.

Nope. I just like clean music.
Quote by Karvid
You're confusing traditional gospel with Christian rock.

Edit: also, check out the band Complete. Quality heavy metal.

ah yes, my mistake
Edit: maybe The Sword, alice in chains, and the damnation album by opeth.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by goldmember1217
http://www.last.fm/

Use it foo'

**** yeah.

Try Alice In Chains.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Maidenfan066
I was going to recommend Coheed but you somehow don't seem......worthy.

yup.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by CG Man16
get ashes against the grain by agalloch
here's a song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzoyPfPKO4

I second this reccomendation, Agalloch are amazing.

although I'm not sure OP would actually like it based on the criteria gaven in the first post but whatever, it's good album.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
use an internet radio site to help you find stuff. i use pandora. it usually has some bands that fit my tastes. it's free and easy to set up, so try it. there are plenty of other ones though....
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
geez, what happened to when sevenfold weren't grouped together with bands like seether.

I feel so depressed.
black sabbath too
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Rush?? i dont know i started to listen to themand im starting to like them a lot

EDIT: I recomend you tthe cd´s Fly By Night and 2112
Last edited by MrBrownstoneFan at Mar 22, 2009,
Atreyu perhaps? just stay away from the song "blow"
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by pantera456
geez, what happened to when sevenfold weren't grouped together with bands like seether.

I feel so depressed.

I was just listing some bands I like.

And Im open to real metal also haha. I just don't like screaming powerchord stuff. But like metallica I think is ok
If you want something a bit more different, you might look at Tool. As far as content (what songs are about) its hard to tell, but theres not really any swear words in most songs (cds don't have parental advisory sticker). They're also not on itunes, so you'd actually have to buy the cd.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by SinisterSquirel
I was just listing some bands I like.

And Im open to real metal also haha. I just don't like screaming powerchord stuff. But like metallica I think is ok

so you're thinking old thrash and heavy metal.

Go for my earlier recommendations, megadeth, anthrax, Judas priest, Van halen and some others like that.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Quinlan
If you want something a bit more different, you might look at Tool. As far as content (what songs are about) its hard to tell, but theres not really any swear words in most songs (cds don't have parental advisory sticker). They're also not on itunes, so you'd actually have to buy the cd.

+1 for this too.
Some of the content might be a tad bit questionable, but I find it is difficult to hear half the time soooo
metallica
megadeth
queen
kamelot

there is a thread on here with a bunch of bands/cd under genre i just dont remember where it its

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Doppelgänger
Nickelback

eew
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by goldmember1217
http://www.last.fm/

Use it foo'

I absolutely love Last.fm, I was going to suggest it.

but as for an actual answer, it depends on which way you're trying to go. Black Sabbath if you're looking for that style, and Coheed and Cambria if you want to go the other direction. Both are amazing bands and you shouldn't be dissapointed.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Last edited by an epic mistake at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by CG Man16
eew

Everyone I know who listens to Three Days Grace listens to Nickelback.

TS didn't ask for "good music", so meh.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
This isn't a primarily metal community. I think the metalheads just type the loudest

oh my god, your sig, it's epic.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
How does Pearl Jam fit in with the rest of the bands you call modern TS?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Page 1 of 2